Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #1
tommyer
Connoisseur
tommyer began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox i62ml; boox note
Where to buy Boox Note lite? Good enough device?

The Boox Note lite is out of stock at ereaderstore.de and e-readerweb.nl.

I have found nothing on Amazon.

There are about three shops on Aliexpress who have the BN lite in stock. One‘s got very bad reputation (Mary ereader). Has anyone made a better experience with the other retailers on Aliexpress?

Does anyone know other shops or retailers still selling the BN lite?

Those who have the BN with stylus: If you do annotations on pdfs, do you use the stylus for it? Is it (the stylus) so much better than doing annotations such as underlining and single signs like exclamation marks without the stylus (using finger touch)? Is it so much better (for the purpose described above) that it is fair to qualify the stylus as indispensable?

I think, at least for navigating the menu, hand touch is widely said to be better than stylus.
tommyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:43 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
From what I've heard/read ereaderstore.de has the best or very good resupply from boox. So ordering from them and waiting is a valid option. That's what I did.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I forgot to say that I'd rather order from a known good store rather than some possibly fly-by-night store that claims to have it in stock when it really doesn't.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #4
tommyer
Connoisseur
tommyer began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox i62ml; boox note
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
So ordering from them and waiting is a valid option. That's what I did.
You are right, I should ask them..

So, do you have the BN lite? If so and if you do annotations (scribbling) on pdfs, do you miss the stylus? Well but obviously, doing simple and short annotations should be more comfortable with the stylus than with finger touch even if you have a bigger screen for them than with 6‘‘. I imagine that annotations made by a style should look much better, straight, more orderly, also smaller (which means less storage bytes as well) than with finger touch.

Last edited by tommyer; 04-26-2019 at 02:41 PM.
tommyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #5
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyer View Post
You are right, I should ask them..

So, do you have the BN lite? If so and if you do annotations (scribbling) on pdfs, do you miss the stylus? Well but obviously, doing simple and short annotations should be more comfortable with the stylus than with finger touch even if you have a bigger screen for them than with 6‘‘. I imagine that annotations made by a style should look much better, straight, more orderly, also smaller (which means less storage bytes as well) than with finger touch.
No, I bought a big one. Which was the point, to see if it helps with my sketchy old eyes.
Advert
Old 05-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #6
elc00l
elc00l began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite I
Does anyone own Boox Note Lite? I don't think it is even supported by Onyx. I haven't found it on official Onyx products web page, so there's no firmware updates available on their site. If someone has Lite, what's the latest firmware version? Strange as this seems to be perfect device for those who doesn't need notes taking but wants to have decent PDF reading experience and it is noticeably cheaper than original Note or Note Pro. It would be even better if variant with front light would exist.
elc00l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:38 AM   #7
tylpk
Enthusiast
tylpk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3, Hisense A5, HyRead Gaze Pocket, Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by elc00l View Post
If someone has Lite, what's the latest firmware version?
I have a Note Lite. It's the newest version is v2.1.1(simplified chinese).
But Google Play Book flickers when I read EPUB books(PDF is no problem). My Google Play Book is the newest version.
tylpk is offline   Reply With Quote