Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Latest device firmware required to use kobo store?

Do I need to have the current kobo touch firmware to buy books from the kobo store?

Last edited by Anjohl; 01-07-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
From the device, or from your computer? If you connect your device to the internet, it will force a firmware upgrade (which won't install until you next restart the device, unless you choose to install it immediately).

However you can buy as many kobostore books from your computer as you like. You'll just need to disinfect them before you can sideload them onto your Kobo, using Calibre or drag 'n' drop instead of Kobo server sync.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #3
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
If you buy books on your Kobo ereader, you will be asked to (forced to) upgrade firmware every time you try to turn device off. If you sync books using wifi on your ereader you will be asked to (forced to) upgrade firmware every time you try to turn device off.

I never buy books on my (Kobo Touch) ereader, only from my laptop computer. I am currently using firmware 1.9.17 and have never tried to upgrade firmware higher than that. I have (relatively) no problems buying books from kobobooks from my laptop.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote