Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do Your Pets Interfere With Your Reading?
Yes they do 45 73.77%
No, my pets respect my boundaries 8 13.11%
Does "pet" include my spouse, SO and/or kids? 10 16.39%
The house plants bother me 4 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Do Your Pets Interfere With Your Reading?

You know the scenario.
You've finally found a little personal time to read.
And your loving pets, who have been ignoring you all day decide now is a good time to jump you.

I personally do most of my reading over my maltese's shoulder.

Who's in charge in your home?
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
My cat is worse than my dog, believe it or not. When he wants to be cuddled, he wants it NOW. He also interferes with my writing by walking across the keyboard or standing in front of the monitor. The dog is patient and polite. If she has to go out, she rings a bell to let me know, otherwise, she's happy with a Pork Chomp or cat to chew on.
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
yep! usually both cats are trying to occupy the same space around my shoulder. the dog meanwhile stares with big brown pitiful eyes wondering why she can't be part of the pile
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Caya has been known to change the page for me when reading. This normally can be prevented if I am willing to give endless belly rubs but not when she is in the mood to play tug of war.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
My cat Pasha Sushi has a weird fascination for my reader. My Sony gets more love than me when I'm reading. He also likes to lie down on it when I'm not reading.

It's a good thing he's sleeping most of the day
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
My cat will keep on nudging my reader when I finally manage to settle down to read...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
All 3 of my cats are jealous of my Kindle. They will sit on the arm of my recliner and begin to nudge it with their head as they try to slide under it into my lap. I usually end up reading while holding it above a sleeping cat!

One of them (still living even after this!) - Sammy - was lying on my lap while I had the Kindle flat on the arm of the chair - she delicately stretched out a back leg and pushed the Kindle on to the floor! Both survived, but strong words were spoken!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I love Caya's dog tags. They let me know when it is time to move Octaavian because Caya is about to leap onto my chest when I am in the hammock.

She is a cute puppy but I don't think Octavian would do well with 45 pounds of excited puppy crashing down on him.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
You know the scenario.
And your loving pets, who have been ignoring you all day decide now is a good time to jump you.

My cat definitely rules with an iron paw, aided by his henchbird.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I know better than to sit down at night now after dinner and the kids are in bed without first taking the dog out.

My old cat used to jump up and lay down right across whatever book I was reading if I had to walk away for more than 10 seconds or so.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I know better than to sit down at night now after dinner and the kids are in bed without first taking the dog out.

My old cat used to jump up and lay down right across whatever book I was reading if I had to walk away for more than 10 seconds or so.
Could be worse. Try a puppy in the "furry termite" stage. Various members of my family have lost books that way (thankfully, inexpensive paperbacks).
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #12
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
You know the scenario.

I usually do most of my reading at night in bed: or with a laptop watching documentaries.

My very tiny dog will sit on my husband's cushions, her eyes boring into the side of my face until I allow(hah!) her to snuggle into the crook of my arm, which after a while feels like a piece of dead mutton.

Guess who is the boss of our house?

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Christian will crawl up in my lap and rub up against me to show how much he loves me. Then he'll start rubbing up against the Kindle to show how much he loves the Kindle. Then Norton will get jealous and try to find a spot on my lap alongside Christian, and the cat will lash out with his claws to show how much he loves Norton. The next thing I know I'm trying to read while a cat and dog fight is taking place in my lap.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #14
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
as some people may remember, my handle is due to my last cat's fascination with my kindle (I had a different handle for about a year). Strider and Arwen collectively are up to 25 pounds, and that a lot of cat surface to try to inhabit my shoulder! the dog is picking up decidedly Marmadukian traits, attempting to emulate and itneract with the cats more and more. I just know I'm going to end up with 180 pounds of squirming dog in bed as well one of these days
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #15
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Talking

I am literally laughing out loud at this one because I am currently on the computer for that very reason! I was downstairs trying to sit and read while my three pugs were vying for my lap . It is 80 degrees today and too hot to have three dogs cuddled up next to me

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote