Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #16
ianw
Ebook Veteran, eh what???
ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Opus, Iphone,Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Are the books you can't open drm protected?
No they are not. I can convert them, read them on the kindle fine, they also open in ade fine, and in Calibre fine.
ianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #17
ianw
ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you "authorised" your Opus with ADE? This does sound as though the Opus is not registered to the correct ADE account for the books.
The Cybook is authorised, and I can put a drm book on it, but I thought that, that was only for drm books, not drm free ones?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It is indeed only necessary for books with DRM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #19
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Which firmware do you use?
And are there any patterns/regularities, which books open and which books don't?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try doing an ePub to ePub format conversion in Calibre and see if that helps. Perhaps there's something that the Opus doesn't like about these particular ePub books, although I didn't experience this problem myself when I had an Opus.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #21
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
This is a bit odd - I had a problem with the PC not recognising my Opus - not showing on My Computer - but then it came up, and I assumed it was a loose connection.
However, I now tried it again, and again, it's not showing up as a removable mass wotsit.... whether switched on or not - and the red charge light is red and charging OK.
I've tried my Sansa Clip USB cable, which I used before rather than the Opus supplied one, still no change.

And I am slowly working my way through deleting all the foreign language "free" books ready loaded - it had, I think, 170 odd on it, a good 60% of which are/were German, French, the odd Italian and Dutch, with one Latin !
Can I get them listed by title rather than bookcover, and delete them quicker ?

But, I'd settle for just getting back to being accepted by the PC !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #22
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
And I am slowly working my way through deleting all the foreign language "free" books ready loaded - it had, I think, 170 odd on it, a good 60% of which are/were German, French, the odd Italian and Dutch, with one Latin !
Can I get them listed by title rather than bookcover, and delete them quicker ?
Change your Library view to Folder View.
You can also set your sort order to Title.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #23
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks rlauzon - I'll give it a crack.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #24
carpetmojo
Wizard

Red face Err..........

Ummm... I've solved the problem over getting it recognised.

Well, my techy offspring did - see, honesty...

You need to switch the thing on, then plug it in while the Calibre is open.

What's most galling, is I think I did that accidentally the one time I did get some books on !

Nice to see the yoof making their own way in this confusing high-tech world, innit........
Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #25
ianw

Quote:
Which firmware do you use?
And are there any patterns/regularities, which books open and which books don't?
They are one series of Childrens Books.

I've tried removing the epub format, doign a mobi to epud format and nothing.

I've also tried epub to epub with opus set as the device input and output.

I've also tried converting to rtf, which the opus can't seem to read.

I'll try to plain txt next, as I assume it will read that.

Tried several other ebooks, all fine, just the odd one, and this series, which opens on other devices fine.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #26
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are these iPad ePubs?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
ianw

Quote:
Are these iPad ePubs?
Not as far as I'm aware.

They open in kindle/calibre/ade/stanza, everything except the opus!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #28
Billi
Wizard

Hmm. Maybe some problem with the pictures? (I freely assume that children books have a lot of pictures in them). Is the file size extremely big?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #29
ianw

Quote:

Hmm. Maybe some problem with the pictures? (I freely assume that children books have a lot of pictures in them). Is the file size extremely big?
3.9MB largest, to 1.9 smallest.

I'll have a look, I think there are only pictures at the beginning.