Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
NewbieNancy
NewbieNancy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch 600
eBk Library Problems

Hi everyone- everything seemed fine with both my software and 505 until yesterday. Now when I have the 505 connected, I can not open the eLibrary on my desktop. I get a black screen with a "not responding" message. I have tried reinstalling the software but still happens. I can open the software when the reader is not connected with no problem.

Has this happenned to anyone else?
Thanks!!
NewbieNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieNancy View Post
I can open the software when the reader is not connected with no problem.
What happens if you connect the Reader with the software already running?

Some folks have noted some heavy memory requirements at times. Maybe that's an issue? You don't list an OS or any specs on the computer running it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
NewbieNancy

Hi, When I have the library open, and plug in the reader, it is recognized by the software but goes into a 'scanning' phase. After a few minutes, the 'eLib is not responding' message comes up. This started suddenly, it was working for a few days and I hadn't loaded any other software onto the system or downloaded any books aside from the sony store. (I have a sony vaio using Vista. )...just tried again and the same thing happenned. ....AHHHHHH!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Plug the reader in and don't open the library software. Go into the reader's memory, it should be mounted as a drive. Delete your sync cache (it's in one of the folders, I can't remember which off the top of my head). That should correct it.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
NewbieNancy

I have just reinstalled (again) the eReader software onto my PC. Same problem. The eLibrary is accessible until I plug in the reader. Then goes to 'not responding' status. I only have 6 books on the reader and in the eBook lib so it can't be file size. I tried unplugging the memory and Sd cards (even thought they are empty) thinking maybe the library was trying to read these - nope, same problem. What I have not tried is 1)resetting the reader or 2) uninstalling the software then reloading. If I do this do I have to reinitialize with the store? can I re-download the books I've bought? Thanks.
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
NewbieNancy

Kezza - thank you - it worked!!!!!
What's up with that? Do I have to delete stuff every time?
Really, really, really appreciate you're help.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieNancy View Post
What's up with that? Do I have to delete stuff every time?
Never had to do it myself. Something probably just got corrupted.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #8
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

You shouldn't have to do it every time, but sometimes that file gets corrupted, I'm not sure why. It's happened to me maybe three times.
Glad it worked!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #9
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Do you ever remove without either clicking the 'eject' icon (and waiting 'till it completes) or using the "Safely Remove Hardware" status tray icon?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #10
kezza
Lowlife of the Party

I never remove it without first ejecting it. I suspect my cache problems have to do with the fact that sometimes I add books from my Mac using mass storage mode. It seems possible that enough change to the contents of the device could really wonk up the library software's ability to reconcile the sync cache with the device cache. Just a hunch, though.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #11
socalpimp
socalpimp began at the beginning.

Device: prs505(broken), Bebook
That not responding problem was driving me crazy!! I figured I had a pretty much useless device until I read this thread. Thanks a lot for having a answer as sony customer support couldnt help!!! Kudos to Kezza
socalpimp is offline   Reply With Quote