Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtoboyek View Post
Thanks a lot! There will be one very happy little girl tomorrow. I will update it to the latest (2.0) after Sunday (or are they going to release a new version on Sunday).
Version 2.02 is already out...
...in the marketplace...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #17
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Need a little help

I have Kindle for Android on my AT&T Motorola Bravo and have read several books that I have downloaded from Amazon on it.

Today, I downloaded a vew books from the Mobileread library in mobi format. I can read them on Kindle for PC, but can't seem to get them over to my Bravo.

I know I am missing something simple. Can someone please help?
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #18
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoorman View Post
I have Kindle for Android on my AT&T Motorola Bravo and have read several books that I have downloaded from Amazon on it.

Today, I downloaded a vew books from the Mobileread library in mobi format. I can read them on Kindle for PC, but can't seem to get them over to my Bravo.

I know I am missing something simple. Can someone please help?
Don't have that phone, but you should be able to connect your phone to your computer via USB, then copy the books over to its /kindle folder. They'll show up next time you run the Kindle app.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #19
zhleonix
zhleonix doesn't litterzhleonix doesn't litterzhleonix doesn't litter

Device: iPodTouch, Android
Expect the next update, in which dictionary might be included.
zhleonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #20
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Is there a way to get the Kindle app for Android w/o having access to the marketplace? My poor li'l IQ is behind the times, and it doesn't have access to the marketplace so I can't get the latest and greatest.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #21
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
Is there a way to get the Kindle app for Android w/o having access to the marketplace? My poor li'l IQ is behind the times, and it doesn't have access to the marketplace so I can't get the latest and greatest.
You can pull it down from my DropBox folder. It's version 2.0.2

LINK REMOVED

Last edited by SCION; 12-29-2010 at 11:24 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #22
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Thank you! Karma to you for providing this.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #23
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
Thank you! Karma to you for providing this.
You're welcome. Thank you for the Karma!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #24
donovan1983
donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
After trying quite a few ebook readers on my new Samsung Intercept, I've surprisingly found that the Kindle app is overall the best one. I don't like fussing with the Mobipocket format, and getting covers embedded is a pain, but it's worth it since the Kindle app provides the best reading experience that I've found so far. I do much prefer the EPUB format (better formatting support and better TOC) but the reading software I've tried so far is mediocre at best, and unusable at worst. The Kindle app has sensible defaults, is simple to use, and is relatively quick. That's the stuff that really matters to me more than formats or anything else. If the Kindle is anything like this, they might just sell one to me one day.
donovan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #25
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan1983 View Post
If the Kindle is anything like this, they might just sell one to me one day.
The Kindle readers are *exacty* like the App.
They don't quite have the bells and whistles of some of their competitors but they do have a good assortment of useful features and what they have *works*. Unobtrussive and reliable.
There are other good readers out there but Kindle has nothing to be ashamed of.
And K4A is the same; you install it and use it. No muss, no fuss.
So is the Audible for Android app, btw.
Between those two, any android pad becomes, in effect, a color Kindle.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #26
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
@donovan my preferred reader is also the amazon becase of the features and wispersync however the moon+ pro reader is right on par with the kindle.
Moon+ has all of the same features plus more, like tts and access to many online libraries
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #27
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Just a heads up; 2.02 is now available from the link provided by fjtorres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
So first of all thanks for posting it fjtorres. [Would like to give you karma but need to spread it around first!]

Updated, was previous running 1.3 and the difference noticable from the very first loading! (it does however appear to use more RAM for those with lots of apps loaded)
paww is offline   Reply With Quote