Notices

Old 03-02-2016, 08:59 AM   #1
franc
Connoisseur
franc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Disable Devices in Calibre

Hallo

Is it possible to disable at all the device search and reading of external devices (ebook-reader, smartphones etc.)?
I use Calibre only to read on my PC or Mac, never I want to sync anything to my phone (a SGS4) but sometimes Calibre scans all on it which takes a time and this is not stoppable and will result in crash if I disconnect my phone:
Code:
Unbehandelte Ausnahme bei 0x0595149B (wpd.pyd) in calibre.exe: 0xC0000005: Zugriffsverletzung beim Lesen an Position 0x00000009
0595149B  mov         eax,dword ptr [edx+8]
Possible to disable devices at all?
How?

I found this old thread "Anyway to tell calibre to ignore my ereader device?", but I don't find where I could disable the device plugin in settings.

Thank's
frank

Calibre 2.52 on Windows 8.1 (64) Enter. and MacBook OS 10.11.4

Last edited by franc; 03-02-2016 at 09:43 AM.
franc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by franc View Post
Hallo

Is it possible to disable at all the device search and reading of external devices (ebook-reader, smartphones etc.)?
I use Calibre only to read on my PC or Mac, never I want to sync anything to my phone (a SGS4) but sometimes Calibre scans all on it which takes a time and this is not stoppable and will result in crash if I disconnect my phone:
Code:
Unbehandelte Ausnahme bei 0x0595149B (wpd.pyd) in calibre.exe: 0xC0000005: Zugriffsverletzung beim Lesen an Position 0x00000009
0595149B  mov         eax,dword ptr [edx+8]
Possible to disable devices at all?
How?

I found this old thread "Anyway to tell calibre to ignore my ereader device?", but I don't find where I could disable the device plugin in settings.

Thank's
frank

Calibre 2.52 on Windows 8.1 (64) Enter. and MacBook OS 10.11.4
Preference: Plugins (not get plugins): Device Interface plugins: <select a PI and use the button on lower Left>
The driver name appears on the status line of the main UI when connected
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #3
franc
Connoisseur

Thank's!
I didnt find initially the right one the text in the status bar is cut, the driver is not fully mentioned (see Screenshot). I tried Android but this didnt work, so I just disabled all (see Screenshot) as I never ever used them and always this sucked.
Was a bit of keyboarding (ALT+D, ARROW-DOWN, ...) but now it seems to work
Thank's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-statusbar.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	146831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Graphic_02_03_2016 16_55_38.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	146832  
Old 03-02-2016, 11:00 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The on you are looking for is MTP device interface and you dont need to disable it, just customize it and inthe customization you can ask it to ignore specific devices.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:03 AM   #5
franc
Connoisseur

Oh, thank you!
But anyway, I don't need this feature and then the next time I plug another device it would be the same.
I see a lot of work in these interface plugins, unfortunately I don't need that yet.
Thank's anyway!
Advert