Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
Books lost in upgrade

I was wondering if anyone knew whether the books that didn't make the translation from lrf to epub on the sony store will come back in a few weeks or if it's on limbo. I recently bought the first book of the Night Watch series. I just finished so I cant to read the next one (Day Watch) but it is no longer available on epub. It's still on my cart and hear if i buy it they'll take my money but no book. Anyone knows?

If not, anyone knows where I can legally buy the rest of the books to work on the sony reader? I know ebooks.com doesn't have it but that's about the last one I know. Thanks!
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew whether the books that didn't make the translation from lrf to epub on the sony store will come back in a few weeks or if it's on limbo. I recently bought the first book of the Night Watch series. I just finished so I cant to read the next one (Day Watch) but it is no longer available on epub. It's still on my cart and hear if i buy it they'll take my money but no book. Anyone knows?

If not, anyone knows where I can legally buy the rest of the books to work on the sony reader? I know ebooks.com doesn't have it but that's about the last one I know. Thanks!
hank you for contacting Sony Support.

I'm sorry to hear that the purchased books appears to be in the old format and cannot be read. In order to protect your privacy and security, please contact our customer service representatives at: (877) 263-2863. They will be happy to assist you with your billing concerns.

TIP: No data (including email correspondence) sent over public
Internet channels can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.

TIP: Customer Service is available:
9:00 am - 11:00 pm (EST) Mon - Fri
11:00 am - 6:00 pm (EST) Sat & Sun

If this information does not resolve your issue, please contact us at (866) 962-7669.

Thank you for being a valued Sony Customer.

The Sony Email Response Team
C6EM
Brian
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
Kypt
Connoisseur

Seems the books are now back in ePub. I get to finish my series, thank you
Old 12-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Seems the books are now back in ePub. I get to finish my series, thank you
No they aren't. I still have 4 books (20% as before) which aren't downloadable.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Kypt
Connoisseur

Oh sorry. I meant MY books. I'm selfish like that . At least that should give you some hope that they are working on moving them all little by little.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Oh sorry. I meant MY books. I'm selfish like that . At least that should give you some hope that they are working on moving them all little by little.
Grrrrr - my books will be the last ones. One is a Linux book - perhaps they have problems with the formatting. And Quicksilver from Neal Stephenson - how could they forget the master of science fiction - perhaps I should drop him a line that HIS books are violated.

I'm wondering if the formatting isn't doable with an automated script. In that case it's only a matter of computer power.