Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Jedai
Jedai began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Sony Touch Reader
Cool Hello from France

I'm an avid reader, familiar with the ebook world since some years back (introduced by Baen free library, then its paying offer without DRM Webscription) and iPhone Stanza user but have only recently received a Sony Touch Reader (very satisfied with it for now, though Calibre is infinitely superior to the Sony Reader Library software).
I hope to see the development of a sane offer of ebook, without DRMs and of still better ebook readers in the next few years (though the first may be a bit optimistic). For now I won't touch a DRMized ebook with a ten-feet pole and the price are still generally too high (though Webscription managed without DRM and reasonable prices for more years than almost any other paying ebook platform...).

--
Jedaï
Jedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, jedai.

If your local library stocks a decent collection of epub or pdf e-books, you are in luck.

Easily transferable to your reader from your computer..
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
Jedai
Jedai began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Sony Touch Reader
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If your local library stocks a decent collection of epub or pdf e-books, you are in luck.

Easily transferable to your reader from your computer..
Yep, I know that, and since I started to use Stanza some months ago I had already begun to transition to epub anyway. My reader already got some hundreds of books on it, I have a bunch to read before I have to get some more. Not tried PDF just yet.
Still, I didn't manage to activate Sony Book Store, or at least the interface of Sony Reader Library is pretty unclear on how to do that... Not that I'm really interested since I believe that most of Sony offer is under DRM.

--
Jedaï
Jedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jedaï and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Welcome to Mobileread!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert