Quote:
Originally Posted by opitzs View Post
Why are you so wild on testing it?
lovin' bleeding edge ... somebody has to
fx3000se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #77
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
Ah, me fifteen years ago...
By today I have realized, that bleeding edge usually has a lot more bugs than one wants and a lot less improvements, than one needs
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #78
fx3000se
fx3000se began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
then you must be 60
Old 12-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #79
fx3000se

Quote:
and a lot less improvements, than one needs
guess you are right. I am rather happy with my Kobo Mini (running@2.1.5). There are unexpected hangers/reboots but very seldom ...
Old 12-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #80
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
By today I have realized, that bleeding edge usually has a lot more bugs than one wants and a lot less improvements, than one needs
That's why it's called the "bleeding" edge
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #81
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx3000se View Post
then you must be 60
ah, if your mathematical abilities were as great as your willingness to test the bleeding edge
Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #82
opitzs
Avid Reader

Quote:
guess you are right. I am rather happy with my Kobo Mini (running@2.1.5). There are unexpected hangers/reboots but very seldom ...
OK, I admit it, I'm running 2.2.1, I like the integration of series information
My Kobo (I've used it for two weeks now) hasn't hung yet. If that happens not more than bimonthly, it would be on par with my Sonys and I really can live with that.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #83
opitzs
Avid Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstonian View Post
That's why it's called the "bleeding" edge
Oh no, the phrase "bleeding edge" comes from the mountain climbers, it is that sheer cliff, that you tried climbing 15 times already, all you got were bleeding hands, but still you can't leave it be. Of course, once you climb it successfully, you find out, that there is an even sheerer cliff above this one
Old 12-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #84
fx3000se

Quote:
ah, if your mathematical abilities were as great as your willingness to test the bleeding edge
I guess we are having a completely different sense of humor. I'll give you a hint: I am 45 ("old")

BTW: had two reboots ("font selection" or "book selection" related, I guess) today ... looking forward to 2.3.1
Old 12-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #85
opitzs
Avid Reader

Quote:
I guess we are having a completely different sense of humor. I'll give you a hint: I am 45 ("old")
Oh my god, you should have told me you are an ancient antique
So that means, I can't stop living on the bleeding edge for 8+ years?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #86
JayKay25
JayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmitcam View Post
Can you try the following:

A couple of things to try... First can you sign-out and sign back in and see if you can read the books. If that does not work I recommend re-copying your Adobe Digital content back to the Device using Adobe digital Editions.

David Mitchell
Thanks! I followed your advice and deleted all my epubs through ADE then added them back. Thankfully, there weren't too many!

It seems to be working agin!
JayKay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #87
JayKay25
JayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura aboutJayKay25 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I didn't have any epubs from Adobe on my mini to test with so I authorized the mini an copied over a book using Adobe digital editions and it works fine, no problem with text not showing up. I didn't test the whole book but 11/22/63 is a bit long to check the whole thing I only went as far as the second chapter and no issue with blank pages.

Perhaps the update only causes the problem with epubs you already have on the device when you do the update?
Thanks! I ended up deleting the ones I had and downloaded a new one. It seems to be working fine.
JayKay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #88
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Hi, 2.3.x appears to be officially released also in Italy, before I try to update, there is an easy way to fetch the download link during the update process trough kobo desktop?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in the log file

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.3.1.zip

Last edited by eXistenZ; 12-17-2012 at 06:33 PM.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #89
Dipsomaniac
Dipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch
2.3.1 just released OTA in Toronto. Seems to be not too much of a change on the surface.
Dipsomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #90
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Edit: Wrong Thread
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote