Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
john_the_fisherman
Edge User

password protect the pocket edge right after it boots or wakes up?

i'm wondering if i can set android so after booting/waking up it prompts me for a password?

i do have an application password protection software (not screensaver password protection).

~
since i'm already talking about password protection, how i can encrypt the actual external sd card contents? (text files, binaries, etc)

is there an app any of you can recommend for that?

Old 12-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

This app works http://www.estrongs.com/en/products/...y-manager.html
You will have to search for an apk or write the developer to see if he will send you one.

Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
pat.indie
Edge User

Yes. The ES manager works brilliantly. I have a 'gesture' instead of a regular password; this feature I love, since I have trouble remembering all the gazillion passwords.

However, make sure you do not 'protect' too many apps or the ES manager will drive you nuts.