Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
First official Kindle 2 Accessories (lots of Cole Haan bags)

Alright, the whole Kindle 2 thing is getting a little out of hand, but we can't help ourselves to share with you this assortment of cases for Amazon's next wireless reader, with the most interesting being premium cases by Cole Haan.
  • Amazon Kindle 2 Leather Cover $29.99
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon.Kindle.2.Leather.Cover.jpg
Views:	2207
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	22941
  • Patagonia Book Case $39.99

Name:	Patagonia.Book.Case.jpg
Views:	1928
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	22947
  • Cole Haan Grain Cover Case $99.99

Name:	Cole.Haan.Grain.Cover.Case.jpg
Views:	2166
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	22943
  • Cole Haan Patent Cover Case $119.99

Name:	Cole.Haan.Patent.Cover.Case.jpg
Views:	1911
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	22944
  • Cole Haan Smooth Cover Case $99.99

Name:	Cole.Haan.Smooth.Cover.Case.jpg
Views:	2142
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	22945
    Cole Haan Woven Cover Case $119.99

Name:	Cole.Haan.Woven.Cover.Case.jpg
Views:	1923
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	22946
  • Belkin Neoprene Sleeve Case $24.99

Name:	Belkin.Neoprene.Sleeve.Case.jpg
Views:	1832
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	22942

It's probably safe to assume we'll be seeing this bad boy make its debut tomorrow.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow, I like the top one on that 5th one. Can you tell I like clean and sleek. But, I don't think I'll be paying $119 for a book reader cover. Ug.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
THAT IS SO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I want a Genevieve cover for my Sony! Waaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, Cole Haan is amazing and is actually worth the price you would pay for their stuff. I have one of their purses and about 10 pairs of shoes. Seriously, their leather is like butter.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Pretty. The fourth one reminds me of the Dooney & Bourke croc skin that was available in a limited edition for the Sony PRS 500.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
For those of you who don't know, Cole Haan is amazing and is actually worth the price you would pay for their stuff. I have one of their purses and about 10 pairs of shoes. Seriously, their leather is like butter.
OK, because a woman buys a $3000 purse and $500 shoes does not make some expensive designer merchandise "worth the price".

BOb
Old 02-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
OK, because a woman buys a $3000 purse and $500 shoes does not make some expensive designer merchandise "worth the price".
My guess is that you don't have the Apple tattooed on your ankle. To Apple folks design matters a lot and I believe it's one of the reason why their love Apple products so much.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
My guess is that you don't have the Apple tattooed on your ankle. To Apple folks design matters a lot and I believe it's one of the reason why their love Apple products so much.
I do like my iMac... and it is due to the design of the technical aspects of the OS... they rest is just icing.

BOb
Old 02-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
TadW
Uebermensch

Quote:
... they rest is just icing.
Icing ain't bad. If the rest of the Kindle 2 can also deliver...
Old 02-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
Alright, the whole Kindle 2 thing is getting a little out of hand,
Not at all - The Kindle is one of the top, if the THE top mobile readers and this IS Mobileread, after all. <G>
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Wow, I like the top one on that 5th one. Can you tell I like clean and sleek. But, I don't think I'll be paying $119 for a book reader cover. Ug.

BOb
I'm partial to the stuff by Patagonia myself. I don't think you could ever talk me into buying something from Cole Haan. Crocs are more my style.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 02-08-2009 at 07:04 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #11
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
all seem exceedingly expensive!
I remember my neoprene carrybag of my notebook (with zipper) only costed $15.
I would not purchase anything more expensive than $20 for that.
Perhaps good to look at the grey market on ebay?
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan View Post
Not at all - The Kindle is one of the top, if the THE top mobile readers and this IS Mobileread, after all. <G>
Not according to our very own poll it isn't!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37730
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:

BOb
Silly boy. I paid 200 for the purse (60% off) and the most I paid for their shoes was $275. I usually only pay $100 for the shoes. The purse is the softest thing I've ever touched and the shoes make my feet sing They have Nike Air soles so even a three inch heel is like walking in flip flops.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Silly boy. I paid 200 for the purse (60% off) and the most I paid for their shoes was $275. I usually only pay $100 for the shoes. The purse is the softest thing I've ever touched and the shoes make my feet sing They have Nike Air soles so even a three inch heel is like walking in flip flops.
Wish I could find shoes like that - with a size 2 1/2 girls size foot, even Cole Haan is impossible. I'm stuck with Payless. Not that I've ever paid over 50 bucks for a pair of shoes in my life....but three inch heels that feel like flip flops is an eternal dream of mine.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Wish I could find shoes like that - with a size 2 1/2 girls size foot, even Cole Haan is impossible. I'm stuck with Payless. Not that I've ever paid over 50 bucks for a pair of shoes in my life....but three inch heels that feel like flip flops is an eternal dream of mine.
What size is that in womens?

You have some small feet