Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
adrian1944
Connoisseur
adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Imac, iPhone SE, iPad Air 2, Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro, Sony 650.
restrict overwriting by downloaded metadata

Can someone remind me where the settings are to prevent downloaded metadata from overwriting fields such as tags and rating. I used to be able to find this control in preferences. I want the download to only give me the summary text and cover picture.
adrian1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
It is the preferences button right next to the "Download metadata" button on the Edit Metadata dialog. It is called "Configure Download" if you use Ctrl+D, and it is in Preferences called "Metadata download"...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
adrian1944
Connoisseur
adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Imac, iPhone SE, iPad Air 2, Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro, Sony 650.
Thank you.

Your plugins have really made using calibre quicker and better

adrian
adrian1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Talking Thank YOU for asking my question !

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1944 View Post
Thank you.

Your plugins have really made using calibre quicker and better

adrian
Just had to add some books, get metadata, and being stressed already I got SO angry that author/title got messed up during metadata download. ( stressed out cause of labour conflict with huge US IT company..heating up for real )
Searched forever in Calibre preferences ( it used to be there, right ? hmm, I think so, but ... etc.etc. )
AND then I saw your post adrian1944, and it saved at least a small part of my day. Thanx,
Per

Edit: Believe it or not, but I DID do the "RTFM", but ... missed that one.
Might be easier for new users, but it surely fooled me.
Thanx all !!

Last edited by pchrist7; 05-17-2011 at 01:14 PM.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote