Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 05:22 AM   #16
Wall
Wall began at the beginning.

Device: none
Supposedly the new TXTR iPhone app can handle ePubs using Adobe DRM:

http://www.lesen.net/software/neue-t...etzt-drm-1843/

It's not quite clear whether it works for all Adobe DRM'd ePubs or just TXTR's, though. Has anyone had a chance to try it?
Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #17
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall View Post
Supposedly the new TXTR iPhone app can handle ePubs using Adobe DRM:

http://www.lesen.net/software/neue-t...etzt-drm-1843/

It's not quite clear whether it works for all Adobe DRM'd ePubs or just TXTR's, though. Has anyone had a chance to try it?
I just downloaded it-it seems to be VERY faithful to ePub formatting (using zelda pinwheel's 3 Men in a Boat as my baseline ), but is also rather slow and not flexible in terms of navigation, etc...in fact, I can't find any preferences at all.

I'm not sure if I have any Adobe DRM'ed files around...but I'll check on it.

Edit: Ok, just tried to load Perdito Street Station (a DRM'ed ePub). Would not load.

Last edited by kjk; 12-10-2009 at 11:50 AM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #18
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
No, there is nothing at this point to read ADE ePubs on the iPhone. The txtr app does not work with adobe drm until you have authorized it with a book purchased from them, which you can't buy unless you like in Germany.

I read that Sony will be making an app soon. So maybe theirs will work.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #19
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
No, there is nothing at this point to read ADE ePubs on the iPhone.
Yes there is, for Germans anyway.
Plus txtr said they are planning to update the app so that you can authorize at Adobe right within the app without having to do this workaround. So in my opinion the txtr app is the most promising reader app!
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #20
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi 1080 View Post
Yes there is, for Germans anyway.
Plus txtr said they are planning to update the app so that you can authorize at Adobe right within the app without having to do this workaround. So in my opinion the txtr app is the most promising reader app!
It really seems to handle ePub well so far-love how it renders. Wish I could change the navigation setup.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, iPad, Dell Streak 7, Moto RAZR MAXX
Wow. That really bums me out that Amazon bought Lexcycle. I didn't know until just now.

Shades of Microsoft: buy the competition if they start sneaking up on you with a good product!
Tom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #22
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2112 View Post
Shades of Microsoft: buy the competition if they start sneaking up on you with a good product!
They already did that with Macromedia a couple of years ago when it started to rule the web interactivity market with Flash and became a thread to their productivity applications like GoLive (Dreamweaver) and Illustrator (Free Hand). Adobe's used to that!
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #23
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder if Adobe will release an app for the iphone to read DRM'ed epubs.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #24
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
I wonder if Adobe will release an app for the iphone to read DRM'ed epubs.
Naw! No reason to do that! They will try to sell their DRM-app to as many appbuilders as possible!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #25
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seems like the problem right now is that no one is interested in releasing an app for it. Wish Adobe would just make the app and charge a buck for it.

Since Borders announced that they aren't planning on making their own ebook device, it would be cool if they or a bookstore like them, just released an app to read DRMed EPUBS and possibly tie it in to their stores.

Large number of people with iphones/itouches and they can sell books to people who have readers that support EPUBS.

Last edited by MerLock; 12-28-2009 at 02:58 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote