Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:50 AM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Another free e-book - TIME LIMITED offer

Dear fellow MobileReaders.

On my favourite site boingboing.net there is another link to a free e-book.
This time it is Scott Sigler's INFECTED
Please hurry up, because the Random House has inexplicably limited downloability to just four days. The download will stop being available at the moment they start selling the dead tree version of the book.

Unfortunately there is another downside, the download is in pdf that will be very problematicaly readable on the vast majority of portable reading devices. The pdf does not seem to be protected (you *can* copy the text from the acrobat reader to a text editor), but the book is full of graphics, and without that little pieces of graphics the novel will be severely incomplete. So I see "format shifting" for the purpose of reading this very promising book on a mobile device as very problematic.

I wish, the publishers would learn that pdf file is NOT a good file format for an e-book.

I will try to use rasterfarian to make this pdf readable on my Reader. I have read a few pages, and now I am hooked and I *have* to finish it ;-)
Old 04-06-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The offer is over and the book is no longer free. It is available for sale at various eBook shops in various formats.
Advert
Closed Thread