Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
jacksonwinston
jacksonwinston began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Kobo Vox keeps Resetting

Last night I shut off my Vox, and today I went to turn it on fully charged. When I turned it on it came up and said Resetting our Kobo eReeader. Your Kobo eReader is being reset, and will restart in a moment, then it says restarting and it never goes any further then that and starts over again. I've tried reseting it holding the button down for 10 seconds. I've tried the factory reset, and I have taken the back panel off and reset it. I dont know what else to do to try and fix it. I called kobo, and they told me to do what I had alread done and then said they would have to send a email to their tier 2 support team. If anyone has any advise in the meantime it would be greatly appreciated.
jacksonwinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Insouciant Soul
Insouciant Soul began at the beginning.

Device: vox
Have you tried this version of the factory reset?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...69&postcount=5

Follow step 2. It took me a few tries to get it right, but once it worked it got my vox going that was seemingly done for.
Insouciant Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
turn off, then press the up volume and the on-off button at the same time, hold for at least 20 seconds. Try multiple times if it does not work at first. Other users solved their problem doing that. If that doesn' t work, plug into pc, format and start up the Vox again once you've disconnected.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
jacksonwinston
jacksonwinston began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Can you tell me how to format?
jacksonwinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
plug into your pc and follow the instructions in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=vox+format

A few other suggestions that may help are also listed.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert