Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Newbie ??? Using HACK Builder properly

Hi,
I love my prs500 and am still nervous about "improving it" by using the hackbuilder. Perhaps if this question is answered, I'll feel more comforable....

Please clarify...

Hack Builder Directions say to:
Creating Hack Files:
Once you've made your selections and adjusted your buttons, select the "Build Hacks" option from the File menu.
This will write the appropriate files into the folder labeled SDCardRoot.
Copy the CONTENTS (not the folder itself) of SDCardRoot to the root level of your SD card.
Put the card in your Reader and follow the instructions for flashing.

My question???
Do I still need to use the SDCardRoot files with UNIVERSAL FLASHER program (from another thread) or just Put the card in the reader with the SDCartRoot files and follow the instructions?

thanks.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
SDCardRoot contains all the necessary files for flashing, so put the card and follow the instructions.
I'm not an expert here, but have flashed my reader many times, few times had to follow directions for un-bricking, no regrets. It's a low risk operation but end results (new icons, delete from reader, clock, direct page control, key mapping, etc.) are well worth the risk.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
thanks!

I've noticed a couple of UNBRICKING instructions -- 1 had you pressing the reset up to 10 times and this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...09&postcount=6. What method would you suggest is best? thanks again.

Last edited by gardenstate; 10-04-2007 at 06:09 PM.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #4
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
That link you posted is the basic method I use during development. Personally, I've never gotten to the point where I have to use the 10x reset. Note that the name of the directory may be very slightly different in the new firmware, but it will be obvious which one to use.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote