Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
irow
irow began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo Glo bugs thread

I got the Glo, my first reader, seems good, but it is buggy. I already emailed the tech support about these bugs. But I will post them here too:

Post your Glo bugs here:

At the time of posting my Glo is on firmware 2.1.5

1) if i turn off the reading life and awards settings in the menu, and then i go to the main page and tap reading life icon, the page changes to the "reading life stuff is disabled" page, and then there is no way to get into the main page again, the house icon is gone, the only way to get back is to turn on the reading life settings again...

2) line spacing and margins doesn't work for all books, and for some books it will crash the reader and force a restart

3) if i set the sleep setting to "never" and turn the light on, the light never turns off automattically no matter what time setting i set.

Fix them now, I would like that.

Last edited by irow; 11-28-2012 at 08:51 PM.
irow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by irow View Post
2) line spacing and margins doesn't work for all books,
That is not actually a bug. The margins and line spacing is set inside the book. The device is respecting those setting.
Quote:
and for some books it will crash the reader and force a restart
This is known and can happen after making a few changes. From what I have seen, the bigger the book and the closer to the end you are, the more likely it will hang the reader.

Also, when posting something like this, it is a good idea to include the firmware version you are using. Due to the way Kobo release the firmware, not everyone is on the same version. Plus if someone finds this thread in a couple of months, they have a better idea as to whether it might affect them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert