Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
J.M. Pierce
Author of Failing Test
J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle
Where are all the cheap K2's?

It was my hope that when the K3 exploded onto the scene that there would be a flood of cheap used K2's. So far I haven't seen them. I saw the thread below in regards to "How much did you sell your K2 for to get your K3", but I've been all over ebay and can't find anything cheaper than what I could just go ahead and buy a K3 for. Do I just skip buying a used K2? What are your thoughts?
J.M. Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M. Pierce View Post
It was my hope that when the K3 exploded onto the scene that there would be a flood of cheap used K2's. So far I haven't seen them. I saw the thread below in regards to "How much did you sell your K2 for to get your K3", but I've been all over ebay and can't find anything cheaper than what I could just go ahead and buy a K3 for. Do I just skip buying a used K2? What are your thoughts?
I would forgo a used K2 and get a K3. If what some are saying about the new screen is even 1/2 true, you'll want a K3 and not a k2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
RiddleMeThis
RiddleMeThis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RiddleMeThis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RiddleMeThis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RiddleMeThis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 with Wifi and 3g
I don't post much on here, but I do post on Kindle Boards and multiple other non kindle forums if you wanted to look into my history, but I have a K2 US version I'm looking to sell. You could PM me with what you were looking to pay if you were interested.
RiddleMeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I "know" Riddlemethis from Kindleboards if you are interested JM Pierce.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
nickinev
Enthusiast
nickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 1, K4, and Kindle Fire
I just got one on ebay for $112 (including shipping). I decided to go ahead and get a k2 while I'm waiting for my k3. I sold my nook too soon - I miss reading on an a e-ink device. I may sell it after I get my k3 or give it to my mom. She has a Jetbook lite, but is having trouble getting books on it by herself (I'm in another state).

Nicole
nickinev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
vega07
Enthusiast
vega07 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
what is your price point?
vega07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
There are enough differences between the K2 and the K3 that there will be folks who prefer the K2. I am guessing that the five way controller change and the buttons could be deal breakers for some. This could also mean that there are people who will be willing to pay a higher price for a used K2 because they prefer the featurs on it to a K3.

The K1 sold at a premium price for quite some time even after the K2 came out. That was partly because there were folks who wanted the removable battery and the SD slot.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
craigs list my man.... craigs list
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
They can be had. Just not as readily as I thought at first. Just a day or two after the K3 announcement, I went on eBay and picked up a used K2i for $100 + free S&H. About a week ago I threw it on there for $130 and it flew out of my hands so quickly that I wished I'd priced it at least $20 higher. I just didn't want to be greedy.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #10
J.M. Pierce
Author of Failing Test
J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle
Thanks everyone. I just opened up a heart attack of an electric bill so I think my wife would frown upon any purchase for now. I guess I was hoping for $80 or somewhere in that range. I know that sounds crazy cheap but I just figured that everyone would be scrambling for the K3 and dumping the K2's. Riddleme if that's in your range let me know. I can be very careful in asking my wife!

BTW, if it comes off like my wife wears the pants...yep. I learned a while ago that the house is a much happier place if she gets her way more often than not.

Thanks again everyone. Maybe next month after the weather's cooled off and the electric bill goes down?
J.M. Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
heh reminds me of the old expression, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." ;-)
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote