Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
How to find, in library, books similar to one on device?

In device view, I see a book not in my library.
Now I want to look in my library and see if I have another copy of the same book, or other books by the same author, or ....

I tried to select the author/title to copy to the clipboard, so I could then search in library view, but I can't.

I tried adding "Similar books..." to the context menu, thinking it would create a search I could then use in library view, but "Similar books..." doesn't work in device view.

I can remember the author, switch to library view, and type it in, but I was hoping for something less dependent on my fat fingered typing and short term spelling memory

Is there another way?
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post
In device view, I see a book not in my library.
Now I want to look in my library and see if I have another copy of the same book, or other books by the same author, or ....

I tried to select the author/title to copy to the clipboard, so I could then search in library view, but I can't.
You could right click on the book and add it to your library then go to your library view and search for "Similar books."

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-23-2011 at 06:28 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert