Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

strange dictionary anomaly (non-rooted)

I've got a non-rooted nookcolor running firmware 1.1. I've never had any dictionary issues within the stock ePub reader before yesterday. My book was a DRM liberated ePub which I modified slightly through Sigil, not that that should make any difference. I was using the dictionary occasionally and I was also highlighting some text during a few hours of reading. At some point a few hours into reading and a while after highlighting some text I selected a word and chose dictionary lookup. Instead of giving me the dictionary entry for the word I had just selected, it gave the the previous word. I tried several other words and I kept getting the dictionary entry for the same word I had previously looked up an hour or so earlier.

So the scenario is that I looked up a few words over a couple of hours time and when I later went to look up other words I kept getting the dictionary entry for the last word in which the dictionary lookup feature had worked properly. I'm not sure if the highlighting of text between lookups had any effect on this strange anomaly or not. I tried closing the book and reopening it, but I still got that same incorrect word whenever I tried to lookup a new word. I even tried closing the reader app and reopening it, but still got the anomaly. I finally did a complete shutdown by holding in the Power button for several seconds and shutting off the nookcolor. When I turned it back on and tried the dictionary lookup feature within the ePub reader it worked fine. That is the first time I've ever had any trouble with the dictionary lookup feature, and I use it quite a bit.