Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
samalex
samalex began at the beginning.

Device: none
After weeks of research, finally decided on a Kindle 3 w/G3

Hi Everyone,

I've literally been reading the forms for weeks and asking questions along the way, and I think I've finally decided on the Kindle 3 with G3 support, which I'll order next payday.

I hate that it doesn't support ePub files or Overdrive, especially since our local Library is about to offer the service, but below are the features the Kindle has that the Nook doesn't offer... and for me these overshadow the ePub and Lending capabilities:
- Text to Speech (great for in the car)
- Landscape mode (awesome for my large collection of PDF books, many of them tech manuals)
- Browser working over G3
- Audible support
- More formats supported (DOC, TXT, and a few others)
- Physical keyboard (I'm not a huge fan of touch-screen keyboards)
- From what I've seen more non-"public domain" books are on Amazon than B&N

Plus with talks of B&N going up for sale, if that happens who knows what direction the new owners will take with the eBook market.

And if I find I do want to take advantage of the lending features, maybe next year I'll invest in a Nook, which maybe by then a newer model will be out with more bells and whistles.

Sam
samalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Enjoy!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
aleccj1
Techie
aleccj1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G + WiFi), Kobo
Not to be nit picking, but it's 3G, not G3 .
aleccj1 is offline   Reply With Quote