Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
pookiebr
Connoisseur
pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Not recognising my device

I use a Nook Tablet and when I plug my device into Calibre and go to Preferences, debug devices it says that my Nook is detected but I cant see any books that I have added to my sdcard /library and when I disconnect from Calibre it still says that my nook is detected and needs to be disconnected to debug the device. This only started since I downloaded the recent upgrade......Any suggestions would be appreciated.
pookiebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiebr View Post
I use a Nook Tablet and when I plug my device into Calibre and go to Preferences, debug devices it says that my Nook is detected but I cant see any books that I have added to my sdcard /library and when I disconnect from Calibre it still says that my nook is detected and needs to be disconnected to debug the device. This only started since I downloaded the recent upgrade......Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Uninstall Calibre and try a install from a fresh DOWNLOAD.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
pookiebr
Connoisseur
pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Did a complete clean install without success.......still getting an error box...... this is the error message I am getting.........

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 491, in _books

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 247, in books

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 396, in sync_booklists

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 393, in write_prefix

File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\json_codec.p y", line 123, in encode_to_file

File "json\__init__.py", line 250, in dumps

File "json\encoder.py", line 209, in encode

MemoryError
pookiebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There appears to be file corruption, Possibly on the nook.

ON THE DEVICE: you can try and delete metadata.calibre (this is the last inventory) It may take quite some time for Calibre to rescan your device to recreate the file.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 AM   #5
leda
leda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
Hello I just got a hd Kindle Fire for my birthday, I wanted to move the book I had in the old Kindle. I dragged my book on my desk and open the latest version of caliber. The problem is that I can not see my new kindle in caliber. I use Mac and the Mac version I have is 10.7.5. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
leda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I believe that the Kindle Fire is a MTP device1 MTP devices are not supported by MacOS so you cannot connect to your device via USB which would explain your problem.

I believe that a common solution is to use an app like Calibre Companion at the Kindle end, and then make a wireless connection to that app. Calibre Companion can then pass the books into the Kindle eReader app. This provides good integration with calibre.

An alternative is to send books from Calibre via email, and let the Kindle sync them down from Amazon.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leda View Post
Hello I just got a hd Kindle Fire for my birthday, I wanted to move the book I had in the old Kindle. I dragged my book on my desk and open the latest version of caliber. The problem is that I can not see my new kindle in caliber. I use Mac and the Mac version I have is 10.7.5. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Moderator Notice
Please do not "hijack" someone else's thread to ask an unrelated question. Start a new thread of your own.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote