Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
A launcher that lets you change the wallpaper?

I tried out multiple launchers today and the main problem is that once you go to sleep mode, the wallpaper changes to whatever Kindle Fire screensaver shows up. Is there anyway around this yet?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm not sure what you are asking. Doesn't the screen turn off in sleep mode? I don't think it would make sense to be in sleep mode and still have the LCD on and burning up battery charge.
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm not sure what you are asking. Doesn't the screen turn off in sleep mode? I don't think it would make sense to be in sleep mode and still have the LCD on and burning up battery charge.
No, no, like I installed Go Launcher, turned off the screen, and my Kindle Wallpaper showed up as the launcher one everytime I switched on and off.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!
yogibare143 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, kindle Fire
I have same problem using Go Launcher. From what I read online, the only way to get around the Kindle Wallpaper is to /root device.
yogibare143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

I've uninstalled all the other launchers, but the one thing I remember about Go Launcher was it kept forgetting my settings if I closed it and returned to the KFire launcher then returned to Go launcher later.
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
You don't have to root the device to change the wallpaper to your own forever. You can do the following:

Managed to get my own wallpaper to "stick" with Go Launcher
without having to root the device so that it does not revert back to the Kindle Fire Wallpaper after a sleep or restart. Very easy.

Follow the directions here:

1. http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/r...x2DGCKBA3DSAZN

2. Get the file Rotating Wallpaper v1.6 .apk here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?be8x1ajqxp9aw88

All you have to do is make sure the wallpaper you create is 1024 x 1024.

Works well. If you set the "rotate Interval to 1 minute, you don't have to wait long.

You can also extract your favorite wallpaper from a Go Launcher theme pack. Just unzip the apk file (with 7zip or winrar) and look in the res folder for the wallpaper jpg. I then pasted the theme wallpaper (which is smaller than 1024 x 1024) into a 1024 x 1024 jpg in Paint Shop Pro (you can use any photo software) to make it larger and was able to use it.
(Corrected link. added text file instructions)
Attached Files
File Type: txt How to for Go Launcher wallpaper.txt (9.9 KB, 320 views)

Last edited by Hope; 01-15-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: fixing link
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Thanks for that Hope. I'll have to try it once I get back to my grandma's as I left my KF over there for tonight as it was either that or the Mac (which I'm not comfortable leaving around).
Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Hope the instructions link does not link to the specific page only the general amazon forums page please fix
Thnx
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #9
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, salsaguy, corrected link. Posted in a hurry and did not check link first time around.

I'm really enjoying my "new" Kindle Fire with Go Launcher and my own wallpaper. I have my key apps on separate pages for organization...almost as good as my old Sharp Zauruses.

Switch back to the regular KF interface by clicking on the HOME icon at bottom of screen and choose the Launcher.

You can also put an icon "shortcut" to the Launcher application on any page or scroll to the right on bottom application bar to add it there. That way when you want to read a mobi book you can switch easily.
Pressing your finger and holding it down on a page gives you the menu to add icons for apps, but the "folder" and "shortcut" choices do not work.

Added text file of instructions to this post as well as original post.
Attached Files
File Type: txt How to for Go Launcher wallpaper.txt (9.9 KB, 350 views)

Last edited by Hope; 01-15-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Might want to update to Go Launcher 2.75
they added a lot of new stuff in there since the last ver
I had to uninstall the old one first though as i couldn't get it to work with just an update attempt from1mobile

Last edited by salsaguy; 01-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Hope
Zealot

@salsaguy. Yeah, that's the one I'm using.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
Thanks works great.
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote