Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Well View Post
To me, on of the great strengths of the EZReader is that it can read many different formats, including pdf. However, given the diversity of pdf formatting out there, firmware should include as many options as possible to make documents usable -ie users should be able to select reflow, zoom, or zoom and pan functions.
I recently saw a screenshot of the Hanlin V5 with a "use xpdf" menu option for a PDF, i.e. switch to a different PDF Reader. I'm not sure if this will be in the standard V5 firmware, or in any of the V3 firmwares. It would only work for DRM-free PDFs, but that is easy to arrange with ineptpdf.pyw.

Some other implementations of mobile ADE already include true PDF zoom and pan options. This is available on the Sony PRS-700 (and presumably the PRS-600) and on the Bookeen Opus.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #17
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninki View Post
Sorry to bothe but can somebody download this last update
http://mybebook.com/update/20090807-epub-beta.zip
and put it in a rapdishare or something
I uploaded it on Mediafire since my university network blocks rapidshare & megaupload.
You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...4e75f6e8ebb871
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #18
curlygirl
curlygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Just upgrading my Hanlin with this firmware. PDF looks better.
But there's no more PID Number, why?
In case I need them back can I use the old firmware to make the PID appear again?
curlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
Just upgrading my Hanlin with this firmware. PDF looks better.
But there's no more PID Number, why?
In case I need them back can I use the old firmware to make the PID appear again?
the new firmware does not support Mobi DRM which is why the PID was needed. without this support you don't need the PID. Adobe uses a different scheme for DRM on PDF and ePUB.

You can reburn the old release to get mobi DRM support including the PID but you lose everything else.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #20
curlygirl
curlygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
the new firmware does not support Mobi DRM which is why the PID was needed. without this support you don't need the PID. Adobe uses a different scheme for DRM on PDF and ePUB.

You can reburn the old release to get mobi DRM support including the PID but you lose everything else.

Dale
Ic... Thanks DaleDe.
But at least they support the UN-DRM'd Mobi, so I'd better stick with this firmware
curlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #21
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
I uploaded it on Mediafire since my university network blocks rapidshare & megaupload.
You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...4e75f6e8ebb871
Thank you!!!
ninki is offline   Reply With Quote