Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #286
LogosBG
LogosBG began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
Hi, after updating to the newest firmware for PocketBook Pro 602, it’s no longer recognized as an usb device (malfunctioned). I haven’t had that problem with the original software… Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
LogosBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:20 AM   #287
askanioff
askanioff began at the beginning.

Device: Pockebook 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by starr974 View Post
a lot of bugs! i dont know if i will buy one.....
Don't buy it. 2 years of bugs.
First I had to wait more than 3 months after paying a preorder because they didn't have it ready and when I received it, it was full of bugs.
Also some kind of Scam in my case, have to say I decided to buy it because it had been announced to have a Russian-Spanish dictionary (initially it had it installed) but the dictionary disappeared after a firmware update.
I think you have a lot of options better than pocketbook.
askanioff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #288
panayk
panayk began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch
Pocketbook Touch Firmware 4 power-off screen not activated

Since the latest firmware upgrade (4 something), when I turn off my device, the power-off screen often does not properly activate. For example I often get the main-menu or library screen while the device is off.
panayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #289
Ockeghem
Ockeghem began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
PB912: pdf hangs when highlighting

PB912: some pdf files stop, i.e. you cannot turn their pages anymore, or zoom, or do anything else, after trying to highlight text in them. The reader as a whole does not hang; just that particular pdf in its viewing app. Does not happen will all pdfs, but quite some.
Ockeghem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #290
Jarekczek
Jarekczek began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
One long thread, with say 100 pages, is poorly searchable. Inconvenient to read also. Could you please create a separate forum for that and have a separate entry for each bug?
Jarekczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #291
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I think this thread was originally created by someone representing PocketBook, however, that person has moved on and I doubt that anything written here gets back to the company anymore. Also, PocketBook has pulled back from the North American market, so there aren't many of us left in this forum. So, with few of us here and ignored by the company, it doesn't make sense to put any effort into setting up a bug recording system. You would do better to go to the German forum here at MobileRead where the vendor Forkosigan moves information back and forth, or to the Russian/Ukrainian forums at http://www.the-ebook.org where PocketBook employees are members.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #292
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
... so there aren't many of us left in this forum.
*I* am still here. ;-) Fresh proud owner of PocketBook Touch Lux 623. And of course nostalgic owner of PB360.
I will be reporting bugs through my regional supplier. There ARE bugs. But some bugs have already been corrected in the newest firmware.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #293
qariwa55
Enthusiast
qariwa55 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Quote:
[snip] ... You would do better to go to the German forum here at MobileRead where the vendor Forkosigan moves information back and forth ...
Would it be possible for you to post the link to the relevant German forum? Thanks!
qariwa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #294
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by qariwa55 View Post
Would it be possible for you to post the link to the relevant German forum? Thanks!
It is right here at MobileRead. Just scroll further down the forums page, and you will see the German groups gathered in the non-English section.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #295
qariwa55
Enthusiast
qariwa55 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Quote:
It is right here at MobileRead. Just scroll further down the forums page, and you will see the German groups gathered in the non-English section.
Thanks!
qariwa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:15 AM   #296
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
I can not seem to find anything about a problem i have since updating my old 902 to the 2.1.3. firmware, the last line of some (not all) pages is missing, it drives me bonkers, I have checked with the view option of calibre if it is a defect of the epub file, but it is not! How do i fix this? I have tried setting different font, different font size, different margins, nothing seems to fix this :-( So i came here to try and find some advice, but the search does not lead me to anything related to this. I hope there are some users still out there that can point me in the right direction, otherwise i have to go look for a new reader.
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #297
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
I can not seem to find anything about a problem i have since updating my old 902 to the 2.1.3. firmware, the last line of some (not all) pages is missing, it drives me bonkers, I have checked with the view option of calibre if it is a defect of the epub file, but it is not! How do i fix this? I have tried setting different font, different font size, different margins, nothing seems to fix this :-( .
Go to library.
- Position cursor at the epub in question
- hold middle button until you get menu
- go to menu "Open with"
- select fbreader if you are reading in epubreader. Try several options

You can also convert the file to other format, such as fb2
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #298
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Go to library.
- Position cursor at the epub in question
- hold middle button until you get menu
- go to menu "Open with"
- select fbreader if you are reading in epubreader. Try several options

You can also convert the file to other format, such as fb2
That sounds better then it is, some *&&*^*& thought it funny to make all text central aligned, making it look like a DTP experiment from the 70's Totally unreadable, and even stranger, the settings option you would expect to do something with this, does not work. But you pointed me in the right direction, FBReader180. I started looking for different versions, and Google showed me a Mobileread thread about it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160313
2011 <--- Yes indeed 2 years this problem exists!
Somehow when you change page-numbering to % the problem disappears. As far as i can see no one has ever looked into this, let alone fix it!
I will now try this on my reader, but have also downloaded a lot of versions of FBReader180 for the 9xx version, so if this does not work, i will try to replace the reader with other versions until i am rid of this annoying problem :-(
Old 09-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #299
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
As far as I know the problem is not 'some *&&*^*&' but a bug in the version of FBReader that is on a number of PocketBook devices. I had the same problem with my PocketBook Touch.

If there is no text-align setting in the stylesheet of the ePub telling FBreader otherwise, all paragraphs of the ePub are centered by default. A simple workaround that will work in most cases is to edit the epub e.g. in Sigil and include something like "body { text-align: justify }" in the stylesheet.

Last edited by Zetmolm; 09-16-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #300
Roos
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
As far as I know the problem is not 'some *&&*^*&' but a bug in the version of FBReader that is on a number of PocketBook devices. I had the same problem with my PocketBook Touch.
I have solved the problem following a post from 2011, FBReader180 stops misbehaving when you turn page numbers off and to %.
Silly i know, but it works.
I might be a bug, but that means a unnamed person has not taken the time to check it, in the time i wrote programs myself, i was justifiable called an &^(!^# for that kind of nonsense.
Since the first report of this problems stemmed from 2011, Pocketbook is not in a rush to fix this. Well i am not in a rush to buy Pocketbook again. I love my 902, it has its quirks, but also more positive ones then negative. But leaving bugs like these hanging around in your latest firmware for 2 years shows contempt for your buyers.