Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2015, 06:14 AM   #1
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Paperwhite 3?

Please forgive what I'm sure will be a very stupid question...

I've seen people posting about a Paperwhite 3. Is this a separate item you order, or is this just what you get when you buy a Paperwhite today? How can you tell which version you have?

Rob
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
It is what you get if you order from Amazon. Paperwhite 2 replaced Paperwhite 1 and Paperwhite 3 replaces Paperwhite 2. If you order from EBay or in a store, buyer beware.

The question isn't stupid. Keeping the various Kindles straight isn't easy and Amazon doesn't help. I saw a case for a Kindle 7th Generation and didn't have a clue what device it was for. Well, one clue. Whatever it was didn't have an power switch on the back of the device.

Actually, this site gets surprisingly good questions. Some other forums, no.

Last edited by patrickt; 07-16-2015 at 09:28 AM.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2015, 09:51 AM   #3
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Please forgive what I'm sure will be a very stupid question...

I've seen people posting about a Paperwhite 3. Is this a separate item you order, or is this just what you get when you buy a Paperwhite today? How can you tell which version you have?

Rob
If you have a Kindle reader, whether it's eink or tablet, you can identify the version by the 4 digit prefix on the serial number. This Mobileread Wiki will be helpful.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
If you have a Kindle reader, whether it's eink or tablet, you can identify the version by the 4 digit prefix on the serial number. This Mobileread Wiki will be helpful.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Thanks for the link now I know how to explain to my step daughter which one she has and why she can not run the same firmware that I have.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
loco
Connoisseur
loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PW2
kindle has disposed off its pw2 in india by offering it at a discount of Rs. 3000, which roughly calculated to $50. now all they are selling is the PW3.

i believe they will/have follow(ed) this model globally.
loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert