Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Kaylynn4116
Kaylynn4116 began at the beginning.

Device: Books 1.2.2
Exclamation Android version 2.2 Ebook app

Okay so I just got an android phone and its a version 2.2 a Samsung Galaxy Precedent i think from my aunt and I noticed it has a Ebook Reader on there that I can use to read Ebooks with. The reader is called Books 1.2.2 thats all I could find out about it since I dont really know how to work the phone very well.

I was wondering if there was any way for me to get free ebooks for it or download them on the computer and transfer them to my android? For some reason though my android will only charge when plugged in via usb ports to my computer so can I download the books to my SD card and then open them on my phone somehow?
Kaylynn4116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
google free ebooks and you will find many many. Each unit varies but yes you can put books on the unit and read them. Reading the instruction manual should tell you how to do it. Maybe someone that has one will post the specifics of how to do it.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Occasionally, B&N and Amazon give away free books. Most of them are the ones out of copyright though (but not all).
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
There are better free apps in google play like fbreader and coolreader. They will let your read multiple formats not just epub. And you can find free books all over the internet but the best formated public domain books can be found on mobileread itself. For managing and sending ebook to your device I would recommend using calibre.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote