Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
bigjim
bigjim began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
DRM Error from InDesign CS6

I am switching over to InDesign CS6 to create EPUB files. Never had an issue with CS5.5 or earlier version.

Just exported my first EPUB and tried opening it in Calibre and it reports that the file is locked with DRM. There is NO DRM on the file. BTW, it opens fine in Sigil.

I exported the same file in CS5.5 and it works fine. On a suggestion from another user I exported the file again from CS6 without embedding fonts and the EPUB opened just fine in Calibre.

So it obviously has something to do with how CS6 embeds fonts in EPUB and how Calibre deals with this new method. Because there is NO DRM in the file.
bigjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
update calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cs6, drm, epub, indesign