Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
PocketBook 360 arrived today

My PocketBook 360 arrived today from Germany. I was very lucky in that I was not asked to pay any Custom fees or VAT by the courier. The Euro 239 price did include a 19% German tax which I had paid to the vendor. I just expected to pay extra UK fees when it was delivered so I had a pleasant surprise.

I really like this little reader and I think the ergonomics on it are great.

I have a small problem with Adobe Digital Edition epubs in that there are only 3 different font sizes. The smallest one is too small and the other two are too large. Has anyone got any ideas to overcome this or perhaps suggest a suitable font that will be more acceptable. I have overcome the problem of page numbers appearing in the RH margin by increasing this to 15.0 pt in Calibre.

I did investigate FBReader but I eventually decided that was a no go. FRReader does not display any scene breaks and does not understand the blockquote tag. It even omitted a salutation because it was superceded by a blockquote. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the formatting in FBR I would be pleased to hear - within correct XHTML guidelines if possible.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that some ePub do use a small size specified in the CSS. That's not a good thing to do, but they do it. So the best best is to strip the DRM and fix the font size in the CSS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I don't like the FBReader either due to the lack of chapter breaks and most books lose the formatting of the chapter heading, etc. so all the text is the same size. I just live with the font being too large for my liking for now.

I know Calibre has is a Font Rescaling wizard. Will it work with DRMed EPUB? Any EPUBs I own had the DRM <cough> broken.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have increased the font-size many times in my header but it still remains the same size in ADE on the PocketBook.

In a browser the text size increases but it doesn't in ADE.

Would someone show me some sample code that they use?
Old 12-31-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Moonraker
Addict

Yippee, I have done it.

I enabled the font rescaling in Calibre and altered it to base font size 18.0 pt. (Preferences/Conversion/Look & Feel)

This gives me a basic font that I can read comfortably. The two higher fonts are now much too large but at least I am on the right track.

I will play around some more and get it right.

I have been on this problem for about 8 hours. I kept changing my CSS styles duh!

Thank you everyone.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
I don't like the FBReader either due to the lack of chapter breaks and most books lose the formatting of the chapter heading,
Are you running this version of FBReader:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65865 ?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote