Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #1051
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmess View Post
Another update out, but if you use night mode make sure you have a backup before updating. Night mode is now white on black only and, on my tab at least, has an annoying white line down both sides of the screen.

Jill
I gave up with them fixing the Kindle Fire's problem. At this point I am no longer upgrading. I see no need too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #1052
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
The night mode is OK for me. Exactly what I already use. Except for the new very annoying white vertical lines on the sides. I suspect that there will be a fix for that on Monday...
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #1053
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Is anything actually broken for the Kindle Fire with the latest versions? I only ask because it seems to me that the last few updates have only made my reading experience better on my Fire HD (7). When I first installed it, there were some menus and stuff overlapping and crowded together... but now, I can get to everything. It's my favorite reader so far on the Kindle Fire. I've been buying books from other vendors just so I get to use it more.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #1054
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Works perfectly fine as far as I have experienced, only a problem with night mode.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #1055
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
The night mode is OK for me. Exactly what I already use. Except for the new very annoying white vertical lines on the sides. I suspect that there will be a fix for that on Monday...
Swiping the left side doesn't change the brightness as before. Maybe tied in with the white line.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #1056
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Swiping the left side doesn't change the brightness as before. Maybe tied in with the white line.
It's still working OK for me (Galaxy Note).
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #1057
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still works fine for me too... with the latest version on the Kindle Fire HD. Make sure that gesture is still enabled in the settings.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #1058
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's still working OK for me (Galaxy Note).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Still works fine for me too... with the latest version on the Kindle Fire HD. Make sure that gesture is still enabled in the settings.
Checked the gesture setting and it was OK. Thought I'd check portrait mode (I normally read in two-page landscape on an Excite 7.7 running 4.1.1) and that worked. Went back to landscape and tried swiping the right side which changed the font size. Tried the left swipe again and it worked.

Beats me.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #1059
skdutta
jojobar
skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-900
Mantano Cloud is mostly broken...

I have been trying to make the mantano could work for last two weeks to share annotations. I tried it with various tablets and also with the Chrome extensions. Here are my observations:

1. The design of the cloud interface is nice.

2. I tried to upload files to the cloud from my nexus 7, after finishing the upload, I could not open the books in the nexus 7, it said unknown error and something in the tune of "The files are still not uploaded to the cloud and cannot be opened"

3. Tried a different approach! downloaded the chrome extension and tried to upload a book to the cloud directly. The idea was to first put in the cloud and then get it to the device. In chrome version 24.0.1312.56 m, it just hung saying that the file is uploading... On the cloud, the file shows up but says that it is not uploaded (with a -1 in the page number)

4. Tried sending support queries to the developer in the past, usually you get some response after a week!

---

May I suggest doing something simple that works! I am willing to pay the usual $1.00 per month to share annotations only if it works!

1. Put a upload file link on cloud.mantano.com, this is the simplest way to upload. Your chrome extension does not work for me(see above)

2. Put the annotations file in xhml format in the device where the user is reading. That way if your cloud fails to work, I can just get the xml file to my machine and see in the browser.

Anything else on the market that is better? I like the reader, only thing seems to be broken is the cloud.
skdutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #1060
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Better? I'm not certain. I only ever read on one particular device, so I never even bother testing synchronization/cloud services on reading apps. Doesn't Aldiko have some sort of similar feature?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #1061
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
It took a little longer.

Quote:
Removed read logs permission
Fixed: white borders in night mode
Library: improved book cover thumbnails (no cropped covers anymore)
Old 02-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #1062
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
Except that the night mode fix only removed the white borders. Previously, at least with the Essentials version, night mode was the inverse of the day mode colors - now it seems to be true black background w/ true white text no matter what your day mode looks like. Not very night-vision friendly in my opinion. Am getting around it with a custom theme for now, but irked by it.

I suppose some people prefer a day mode that may have not looked right as a night mode, thus the forced black/white...but the sepia theme always made a great night mode for me. Would prefer if they could allow you to create a theme with FOUR colors - set your own day and night theme that will flip with the day/night toggle. That would get me to pay the $6.99 for the Premium version.

Last edited by pixiestyx; 02-09-2013 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Added to post.
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #1063
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiestyx View Post
Would prefer if they could allow you to create a theme with FOUR colors - set your own day and night theme that will flip with the day/night toggle. That would get me to pay the $6.99 for the Premium version.
It used to work like that. And it's the reason I won't upgrade.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #1064
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It used to work like that. And it's the reason I won't upgrade.
For me it was the main reason to switch to Moon+ reader; much more freedom making and editting themes.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #1065
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Landscape/2-column mode is broken. Lines go all the way across with the 'crease' separating into left and right segments. Is there a way to reset this? I've tried everything I can think of short of uninstall. I think it has been this way awhile now, was hoping an update would just fix it. Probably some junk preference left from a previous version (it used to just go into 2 or 3 column mode automatically as text size was reduced).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote