Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
alfred.s
alfred.s began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook simple touch with glowlight detected as "nook color"

I tried to use the metadata plugboard and puzzled, why it did not work.
Simple reason:
My "Nook simple touch with glowlight" is detected as "nook_color".
Using "nook_color", my plugboards work. So I know, how to fix it, but it is not nice.
Is there any nice way to fix this false detection?
alfred.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred.s View Post
I tried to use the metadata plugboard and puzzled, why it did not work.
Simple reason:
My "Nook simple touch with glowlight" is detected as "nook_color".
Using "nook_color", my plugboards work. So I know, how to fix it, but it is not nice.
Is there any nice way to fix this false detection?
The same driver is in use.
The 'Detected Name' is that of the Original device that the driver was created for: 'Nook Color'. Think of it as 'the same Family' (which it appears to be )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote