Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #91
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I'm glad you got advice from theducks to help you out and are all set now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Not so. In trying to solve this problem I uninstalled Cal. and then reinstalled. Same problem. No icon for Connect/Share in the top Action Menu.
Following your steps proves nothing.

Uninstalling and reinstalling is not the same as installing calibre for the first time since uninstalling does not affect your configuration. The Connect/share icon is always present on the first install of calibre. How the user configures calibre after that first install is totally up to them.

Good Reading!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #92
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
I'm also having problems with Moon+ reader. I have the paid for version, so I'd rather not uninstall.
When I import my books for the first time, everything goes well. After that, when I want to add a new book, I can put it on CC in my Nexus 7, then import it to Moon+. Moon+ installs everything all over again, but it does it wrong this time. It replaces author with format, and puts author in the title line.
It means I can only use CC once with Moon+. I don't know what the bug is, and I've tried everything I can.
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #93
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
I'm also having problems with Moon+ reader. I have the paid for version, so I'd rather not uninstall.
Paid version or not uninstalling and reinstalling should be simple.

Quote:
When I import my books for the first time, everything goes well. After that, when I want to add a new book, I can put it on CC in my Nexus 7, then import it to Moon+. Moon+ installs everything all over again, but it does it wrong this time. It replaces author with format, and puts author in the title line.
I imported multiple times to Moon+ Reader Pro without any problem. I haven't tried it since I started having CC place the books in sub-directories one for each author.

Quote:
It means I can only use CC once with Moon+. I don't know what the bug is, and I've tried everything I can.
I too use Moon+ Reader Pro and you haven't tried the simplest thing. Stop importing books into Moon+ Reader. Now that CC is out of beta there is no need for this step. CC's interface is smooth with the bugs worked out.

Since Moon+ Reader is the only ePub or mobi reader I have installed, if I want to read I simply select the book in CC, touch and hold, and the book I want to read opens in Moon+ Reader. There is no need to waste space by importing books into Moon+ Reader (this extracts the covers from the book for Moon+ Reader to use). And there is no longer any reason to open Moon+ Reader from the icon.

Pinkie continue this conversation in this thread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-08-2012 at 03:31 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote