Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
Algiedi
Overenthusiastic Noob
Algiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Export notes from Kindle *in text*

Hello everyone,

First of all, I dearly hope that my question hasn't been answered somewhere else on the forum - I did find a few snippets of information here and there, but it's either outdated, fragmentary or just too confusing.
I was also unsure of where to post it, so um sorry about that too if I got it wrong.

Thing is, I'm in a bit of a hurry, so piecing the whole thing together and testing it out would not do.

So here's the context:

A translator sent me some of her work for proofreading. What I'd like to do is take notes on my Kindle, and when I'm done import back a file that'll have the notes somehow in the text, that I can convert (if needed) to send her back by email.

What's the most straightforward way to do that?

One again, sorry if it's a stupid question, and thank you for any help or directions you could give me.
Algiedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiedi View Post
Hello everyone,

First of all, I dearly hope that my question hasn't been answered somewhere else on the forum - I did find a few snippets of information here and there, but it's either outdated, fragmentary or just too confusing.
I was also unsure of where to post it, so um sorry about that too if I got it wrong.

Thing is, I'm in a bit of a hurry, so piecing the whole thing together and testing it out would not do.

So here's the context:

A translator sent me some of her work for proofreading. What I'd like to do is take notes on my Kindle, and when I'm done import back a file that'll have the notes somehow in the text, that I can convert (if needed) to send her back by email.

What's the most straightforward way to do that?

One again, sorry if it's a stupid question, and thank you for any help or directions you could give me.
I think this (mailing the annotations) might be better asked over on the Kindle forum.
Or are the annotations supposed to be inserted into a Calibre conversion before sending?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Algiedi
Overenthusiastic Noob
Algiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think this (mailing the annotations) might be better asked over on the Kindle forum.
Or are the annotations supposed to be inserted into a Calibre conversion before sending?
Yeah I hesitated to post in the Kindle forum but I'm guessing that whatever the method is, it's probably gonna need some conversion at some point, or some import/export "trick" that's the kind of thing that Calibre does best.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hopefully a Kindle Guru will be by to help you out
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use fetch annotations in calibre, you may get lucky and it will get the notes for you and put it into the comments fields of the book in calibre. This ofcourse presumes that the book is also present in calibre, not just on your Kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
An extra copy of your notes and highlights will be in "My Clippings", in .txt format. Easy to cut and paste from. Just hook up the Kindle to a pc using the USB cable, and copy over "My Clippings.txt".
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
Algiedi
Overenthusiastic Noob

The latest comments on this thread indicate that this does not work anymore.

Also, as I said, I want the notes *in the text*.

Tags
export, import, kindle, notes