Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Fun with Mobipocket

The attached file is a collection of the maps I found on www.cia.gov. I threw this together so I could see if the maps would work on my Kindle. Most do not look good; they have too high a level of detail. Some will be included in the World Fact eBook.

It was created using the photo album option in MobiCreator. I hadn't done it before, and wanted to see if there were extra features. Open this ebook in MobiDesktop or MobiReader and select "thumbnail view" from the menu. It's rather neat.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: prc test2.prc (5.15 MB, 332 views)
File Type: zip test2.zip (4.58 MB, 336 views)
File Type: prc test3.prc (4.72 MB, 331 views)

Last edited by Nate the great; 05-05-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd appreciate it if everyone would test this on their Eink based reader. I'd like to know what some of the maps look like on the K2, V3, DR1000. Most do not look good on my Kindle, but it's only 4 level grayscale.

I especially want to know how some of the continent maps look (central, east, southern, southeast, and southwest asia). If any look good on your device I will add them to the WFeB.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I took a look on my EZ Reader. The images were fair but I had some trouble viewing all of them. Some were blank and some seemed to hang my reader but after I killed it (cancel) and started again I was able to move on. I assume you V3 is similar so I didn't get specific. I am running the April release. The maximum width in mobi seems to be somewhere about 400 pixels or so, not exactly sure.

I also took a look at the zip file. Unzip it and view the images in one folder. Now the images are full screen. tap OK and then one of the left arrow keys and then 4. This will reduce the contrast a bit and show the images much better. Tap OK to save the change for this session of viewing and then step through the pictures. They look really good for a 4 gray scale viewer using dithering. I wish I could change the default contrast for image viewing in books and have requested this change.

Thanks for posting both files.
Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I uploaded another version of the map book. This one is a simple straightforward ebook. It does not use the album features. I wanted to see if it works better.