Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #871
coet
coet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
now on to my fresh build of koreader
coet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #872
pepperdreamteam
pepperdreamteam began at the beginning.

Device: none
the "prerequisites" link on the first page of this thread is down...I was wondering if anyone had the kindlet-jailbreak for k3w? I'd really like to ssh into my device
pepperdreamteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #873
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperdreamteam View Post
the "prerequisites" link on the first page of this thread is down...I was wondering if anyone had the kindlet-jailbreak for k3w? I'd really like to ssh into my device
Both of them work here, check your local settings.
Since they are attachments, they are coming from the same server this forum text is, and you can read that.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #874
pepperdreamteam
pepperdreamteam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Weird...thanks for the response!

"prerequisites link"(shown here)
http://i.imgur.com/bTqxFnY.png

image of the page that I reach when clicking on the link:
http://i.imgur.com/jqqziGl.png
And other forum members have reported that the link works? a little confused by this.
pepperdreamteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #875
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
@pepperdreamteam: That is not the right link. See the attached files, the last few lines of that post.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:34 AM   #876
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Smile Need your help

@twobob
@thomass

I am very like the Special offers of the Amazon.com
It provides a very beautiful screensavers.
Now I make out two extensions to get them as screensavers of Duokan.
But it didn't work.
I didn't know what the problem is.
Could you help me to have a look at them?

:help
Attached Files
File Type: rar getscreensaver.rar (802 Bytes, 210 views)
File Type: rar syncscreensaver.rar (828 Bytes, 192 views)
richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #877
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
@twobob
@thomass

I am very like the Special offers of the Amazon.com
It provides a very beautiful screensavers.
Now I make out two extensions to get them as screensavers of Duokan.
But it didn't work.
I didn't know what the problem is.
Could you help me to have a look at them?

:help
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/us/system/.assets
For F in `find -name screensvr.png -type f` 
do
DATE=$(date +%Y_%m_%d-%H-%M-%S-%N);
cp $F /mnt/us/screensaver/${DATE}.pug;
done
Q: Is that what you are trying to do ?
Q: Is the .pug a typo ?

And a note on your sync script, in addition to the above:
/mnt/us is a FAT32 filesystem, which does not support "ln <anything>"
You will have to make two copies, if your code represents what needs to be done.

Last edited by knc1; 06-15-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #878
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Q1: Is that what you are trying to do ?
Q2: Is the .pug a typo ?
Q1:
Some special offers are in the directory of '/mnt/us/system/.assets/.../screensvr.png',
they are very beautiful,
they update everyweek.

I want to put them into the directory of '/mnt/us/DK_System/xKindle/res/ScreenSaver',
then it will become the the screensaver of Duokan

but I don't want to copy them one by one everyweek,
it's not comfortable.

so...I want to make out a one click-'sh' with KUAL to finish it when the new 'screensvr.png' was updated.

I'm not familiar with Linux,
Could you help me to finish it?

Old 06-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #879
richy1989
Connoisseur

Smile

Quote:
Q2: Is the .pug a typo ?
Q2:
I am sorry that the 'pug' is really a typo.
I am careless.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #880
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Q1:
Some special offers are in the directory of '/mnt/us/system/.assets/.../screensvr.png',
they are very beautiful,
they update everyweek.

I want to put them into the directory of '/mnt/us/DK_System/xKindle/res/ScreenSaver',
then it will become the the screensaver of Duokan

but I don't want to copy them one by one everyweek,
it's not comfortable.

so...I want to make out a one click-'sh' with KUAL to finish it when the new 'screensvr.png' was updated.

I'm not familiar with Linux,
Could you help me to finish it?

Put this into a text file with *nix line endings, then run from the command line, see if it does what you want:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
for F in `find /mnt/us/system/.assets -name screensvr.png -type f`
do
    DATE=`date +%Y_%m_%d-%H-%M-%S-%N`;
    cp -a $F /mnt/us/DK_System/xKindle/res/ScreenSaver/$DATE.png;
done
Old 06-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #881
richy1989
Connoisseur

Smile

Quote:
Put this into a text file with *nix line endings, then run from the command line, see if it does what you want:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
for F in `find /mnt/us/system/.assets -name screensvr.png -type f`
do
    DATE=`date +%Y_%m_%d-%H-%M-%S-%N`;
    cp -a $F /mnt/us/DK_System/xKindle/res/ScreenSaver/$DATE.png;
done
I save the CODE as a 'sh'
And run it with KUAl

there are five 'screensvr.png's in the the directory of ' /mnt/us/system/.assets/.../ ',they are in the same file name with 'screensvr.png'

but I just see only a png appeared in the directory of '/mnt/us/DK_System/xKindle/res/ScreenSaver',

Is there any way to get all the five 'png's,not only one?
Old 06-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #882
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I save the CODE as a 'sh'
And run it with KUAl

there are five 'screensvr.png's in the the directory of ' /mnt/us/system/.assets/.../ ',they are in the same file name with 'screensvr.png'

but I just see only a png appeared in the directory of '/mnt/us/DK_System/xKindle/res/ScreenSaver',

Is there any way to get all the five 'png's,not only one?
Running it "by hand" is one way to get any error messages and also avoid troubleshooting the json and xml files at the same time.

Without the listing of any error messages and the full path names of the files before and after, I can not guess what is happening.

It is possible (although unlikely) that with your code, all five files where re-named to the same destination name.
But without the details of what happens as the script runs, I can not guess.

Just ssh (or telnet) into the kindle and run the script yourself, rather than with kual - get that part working as you intend first.

For instance, make a copy of the "cp -a ..." line just before the existing one - -
Then change the 'cp -a' part to: 'echo' -
When run from the command line, that will report what is being sent to the copy command.

PS: Cut and paste the full output of running the script by hand into 'code' blocks in your next post.

Last edited by knc1; 06-15-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #883
richy1989
Connoisseur

Smile

Quote:
Running it "by hand" is one way to get any error messages and also avoid troubleshooting the json and xml files at the same time.

Without the listing of any error messages and the full path names of the files before and after, I can not guess what is happening.

It is possible (although unlikely) that with your code, all five files where re-named to the same destination name.
But without the details of what happens as the script runs, I can not guess.

Just ssh (or telnet) into the kindle and run the script yourself, rather than with kual - get that part working as you intend first.

For instance, make a copy of the "cp -a ..." line just before the existing one - -
Then change the 'cp -a' part to: 'echo' -
When run from the command line, that will report what is being sent to the copy command.

PS: Cut and paste the full output of running the script by hand into 'code' blocks in your next post.
I wrote a new script,
I can copy the png to the directory,
and it also can make a backup to another place.

I finish it,
and it ran very well.

I packed it,
you can have a look if you are interesting at it.

Thx for your help this time!

Attached Files
File Type: rar syncscreensaver.rar (836 Bytes, 209 views)
Old 06-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #884
richy1989
Connoisseur

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
<!-- Change default monospace font -->
<match target="pattern">
<test qual="any" name="family"><string>KindleBlackboxC</string></test>
<edit name="family" mode="assign"><string>DejaVu Sans Mono</string></edit>
</match>
I want to change the default font.

Wheather I can copy a new font file named ‘KindleBlackboxRegular.ttf’ to the the directory of '/usr/java/lib/fonts' replace the older file?

Although I feel it is very dangerous to brake it.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #885
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How can I replace the amazon store button to launch KUAL instead? I remember seeing some .bin around here to do it but I can't find it again.
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified