Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
ereaderwanabe
ereaderwanabe began at the beginning.

Device: nook?
Canadian considering a nook

I have spent some time reading information about the various ereaders out and I am considering a nook. I just wanted to confirm one detail...I have seen people mention that the nook doesn't work in Canada, i.e. they cannot buy books via 3G, and sometimes buying certain books with B&N via Wifi is not permitted in Canada. I have seen people mention that you are able to buy form Kobobooks and using ADE you can transfer them to your nook on your PC. There were a few books Kobo does not yet have available but B&N does. If I am on vacation and stop by a B&N, buy the books I want, technically they download in the store instantly- I am able to read them when I return to Canada, correct? The problem arrises when you try and buy a book from the American company while residing in Canada, right?

Confused. SO much to think about, but the Kobo ereader just doesn't seem to do it for me with some of the other products out there?!
ereaderwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Don't forget, the Sony PRS600 (did I get the name right?) is as low as ~170 in the US (B&H Photo for example) and may be worth the extra pennies if some of its features are useful to you.

It's still $250 or so here in Canada I believe...far more than exchange would account for.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Ereader. Hope someone in Canada will be along soon to help you make the right choice. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote