Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-02-2003, 03:22 PM   #1
Noodles Hovar
Noodles Hovar began at the beginning.

1K clips with Handstory

Sometimes when I add a Custom clip, it comes out as a 1K file with no pictures and only titles. I seem to be doing what I always do, but results vary. What is the story?
Noodles Hovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:31 PM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Re: 1K clips

Quote:
Originally posted by Noodles Hovar
Sometimes when I add a Custom clip, it comes out as a 1K file with no pictures and only titles. I seem to be doing what I always do, but results vary. What is the story?
Are you saying that results vary between instance of creating the same clip, or different clips? If you're getting 1k one time and 256k another time with the same clip, same settings, then that's one issue. If you mean some clips you create turn out to be only 1k, then you've either got an error in settings or the site is dead at the time you're trying to retrieve it *or* HandStory doesn't like the code on the site!

There are two test features built into HandStory that would answer either question: when you click on Custom under Manage Clips to create your clip, the Preview button will tell you if the sites live, links work, etc...at the site level. If you create the clip through the Clip Editor's "New Direct Clip" then the "Test Clip" button will actually run the HS script and will tell you if HandStory likes the code. The results that show are exactly (functionally speaking) what you'll get on your PDA.

Hope that helps...and hope I didn't run down the wrong road here with the explanation. If so, let me know more details.

Cheers,
Gary
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert