Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Grishnak
Grishnak began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4
Deleting Old Files (Recipe Help)

I have a scheduled Calibre news fetch, for sending me everyday in the same time.

So everyday, I have a file like this in my Kindle:
New York Times - 4 February

When I delete it, a new one appears:
New York Times - 3 February

When I delete it, another old newspaper appears:
New York Times - 2 February

And so it goes like that.

All I want is, after deleting any news file, I don't want to see a past issue of this newspaper. I don't want to store all news files in my Kindle.

How I must configure my recipes for this?

PS: I'm attaching a screenshot taken from my fetch news window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recipe.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	82173  
Grishnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
anoved
Enthusiast
anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPhone
I have a Kindle as well and have noticed the same thing. My understanding is that recipe output files are marked as periodicals, which the Kindle treats differently from other ebook files. (It will show the most recent available issue on the home screen, as you note, and also prevents you from manually filing the issue in a collection.)

I don't know if there is a simpler solution, but I have found that if you use Calibre to reconvert the recipe output to MOBI (even if it is already a MOBI file), the new file will not be marked as a periodical and you can therefore manage it as you expect.
anoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert