Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #31
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindose View Post
Hey everyone! I think I will download Stanza, and luckily for I only have one little lonely ebook in my library. I bought it from Amazon and read it in their Kindle for iPhone app, but I am interested in getting Gutenberg content and basically being able to read ebooks from wherever I buy or find them.

So with my PC (ick) and iPhone, how do I:

1)download and store new ebooks to my phone?
2)where on my computer should I download ebooks for synching to my iPhone (and vice versa)?

I know this might be a preference, but I want your thoughts!

Thanks,
mindose
You'll want to download Calibre - http://calibre-ebook.com/ - for your PC. When you download a book, you add it to calibre after the download completes.

In Calibre, you will want to set up the Content Server in Preferences. After you have the Content Server setup, launch Stanza on your iPhone. In the Get Books section, you'll see an option to Download. Click the + sign and enter the URL of your local network and after a minute, you should see what is available on your local network for download.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote