Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Another collection editor

Attached is a collection editor. I wrote it for my 505. I haven't used it much, so beware.

I've only tried it on the "main memory" collection: \\usb-drive:\database\cache\media.xml

It allows:

Adding/deleting collections
Adding/deleting books in a collection
Ordering books in a collection (drag and drop)

I wrote it because I'm having problems with the Sony Library software and wanted to switch to Calibre for getting books onto my 505.

It probably won't do to well with international users.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JSonyLib.zip (4.80 MB, 277 views)
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I wrote it because I'm having problems with the Sony Library software and wanted to switch to Calibre for getting books onto my 505.
It is always nice to have access to another tool for my 505, but Calibre handles Collections just fine.

Just make sure the series column is the last you sort before sending a series to your device. Sorting by series last ensures that when you send the entire series to your device it will be in series order.

Thanks for the tool, never know when something like this will come in handy.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Thanks John!
I'll be trying out your program. I do make my collections in Calibre, but I often want to sort them after sending the books to the reader. Sounds like your program will allow me to do just that!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
PaladinBL
Enthusiast
PaladinBL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Just make sure the series column is the last you sort before sending a series to your device. Sorting by series last ensures that when you send the entire series to your device it will be in series order.
Interesting tip.
I use Calibre and when I uploaded some books on to the reader they appear in Collection but they where not in the right order. Then I see that if I want them to be in the right order I must upload them in right order, one by one (1st book, then 2nd, then 3rd...). I suppose that Date column was selected in Calibre.

Did I understand you well, I can upload entire series (not one by one) but I must sort them as Series in Calibre? If I sort as Series then I get descending order in Calibre with series on top (on top is 3rd book, then 2nd, then 1st) and books that don't belong to series are bolow them. If there are in ascending order then books that don't belong to series are on top and series are at the bottom.
PaladinBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinBL View Post
Did I understand you well, I can upload entire series (not one by one) but I must sort them as Series in Calibre? If I sort as Series then I get descending order in Calibre with series on top (on top is 3rd book, then 2nd, then 1st) and books that don't belong to series are bolow them. If there are in ascending order then books that don't belong to series are on top and series are at the bottom.
Delete any books of the series from your device then sort Calibre's main window by series. You can have it ascending or descending. Once they are in the order you want them to be in highlight all the books in the series and click send to device. They will appear on your device in the same order that they were in Calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
PaladinBL
Enthusiast
PaladinBL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Great. Thank you
PaladinBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
linlance
linlance began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505