Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #46
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Thanks Fraylucus. What an awful frontlight. I hope being a defect in that particular unit
More than one drive, you could be a first series Onyx sold this Spanish book distributor.
Keep in mind that the price is 119 €.

Rest the user speaks well. He says he is well finished and is quite fast.

If other units distributed by Onyx have the same defect in the frontal lighting, do not think many will be sold.

Greetings -.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #47
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

About the firmware:

There is a first fault detected that changing the intensity of illumination with an open book error (both CoolReader, as FBReader) occurs, is unforgivable.

The return of the unfinished betas ...
Old 12-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #48
Anavim
Enthusiast
Anavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx BOOX Page, inkBOOK Onyx & Obsidian & Calypso+ (Android ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
There is a first fault detected that changing the intensity of illumination with an open book error (both CoolReader, as FBReader) occurs, is unforgivable.
Maybe a corrupted file ebook?
In my reader, for 2 weeks nothing like that happened!

On the Polish forum, today, these photos have appeared:

description of the brightness around 25%

description of the brightness around 70%
Anavim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #49
fraylocus
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavim View Post
Maybe a corrupted file ebook?
In my reader, for 2 weeks nothing like that happened!

On the Polish forum, today, these photos have appeared:

description of the brightness around 25%

description of the brightness around 70%
The only explanation I can think of , and as I said , is that it could be a first version of C65ML hard , this dealer sold cheap it seems disrespectful to their customers.

Regarding the firmware , you have to see which version of Android and the kernel is available from the Polish distributor and if it is the same as the Spanish .

I remember that the clone sold by this dealer Firefly ( Linux OS ) was released with firmware 1.7 , when for months the owners of Firefly had the 1.8.

If this were the case , the responsibility of Onyx is to not allow the sale of this product with obvious defects frontligth and more alpha than beta firmware , which with an open book and change the intensity of the front light is produced Error CoolReader and FBReader , and closing the reading software . ( see the above photo )
Only these two serious defects make the product is not ready for sale.
In addition , the buyer requested a change in the unit directly from a physical store, and the next had the same problems .
That buyer was unable to verify the full operation of the reader , because of the serious errors found and thought back. So it is not ruled out having more .

I had the idea to have bought and sold my Firefly, but after this experience wait events....
Old 12-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #50
Anavim
Enthusiast
Anavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

My version of the firmware (after update December 5) is: C65ML_ARTATECH 254410f

But I bought the supplier of this page:
https://onyx-boox.com/productsinfo/o...c65-afterglow/
where the price for C65ML is 149 €
Old 12-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #51
fraylocus
Groupie

Quote:
My version of the firmware (after update December 5) is: C65ML_ARTATECH 254410f

But I bought the supplier of this page:
https://onyx-boox.com/productsinfo/o...c65-afterglow/
where the price for C65ML is 149 €
If as you say, you have bought this device, it would be interesting that we make a review, with pictures, on the functioning of the Polish distribution of this reader.

In the immediate past, Onyx products marketed by different vendors were identical. Except for some small difference in the amount optional internal memory, etc ...

Soon I will visit a mall where the Spanish distribution of C65 is distributed. So I can personally test the problems detected by the user of a forum are widespread or not.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #52
wgabi
Enthusiast
wgabi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Anavim, could you please comment on the light? is it evenly spread without visible uniformity? what about the bottom, where most unit suffer? (maybe post a night shot) :-)

my first generation kpw had too blueish light, and a bit uneven, now i have a kobo aura hd, and i really like the screen and the front light on it, but i'm sick and tired of all the locked systems, i will definitely gonna get an android e-reader.

mostly i read indoor so i need the built-in light all the time, i'm not worried about anything else as long as the os stable enough, i will not use other than reading apps like moon+ reader which i can at least customize how i like it.

thanks
wgabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #53
brombus
Enthusiast
brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Quote:
it would be interesting that we make a review, with pictures, on the functioning of the Polish distribution of this reader.
On the Polish forum and other sites there is quite a lot of information and growing number of reviews regarding C65. There are also descriptions of Android applications which have been installed on this model so far and how they are working in practice.
brombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #54
wgabi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brombus View Post
On the Polish forum and other sites there is quite a lot of information ...
i have found the polish one, and the light seems about the same as on kpw1 :-( i still have to wait some proper review and high resolution pics...

Last edited by wgabi; 12-12-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #55
Anavim
Enthusiast

My English is not so good.
Here is my night-shot
At the bottom of the screen, the shadows come out to 5 mm, but they do not interfere. They are less pronounced than in the picture.
The picture is a little too yellow, although I set the white balance on a clean white sheet at the window (on a cloudy day).

(click to enlarge)

And here is the translated (google) version of the Polish article:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ze-wrazenia%2F
There is some natural images of the screen.

Last edited by Anavim; 12-12-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: other hosting
Old 12-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #56
fraylocus
Groupie

Quote:
My English is not so good.
Here is my night-shot
At the bottom of the screen, the shadows come out to 5 mm, but they do not interfere. They are less pronounced than in the picture.
The picture is a little too yellow, although I set the white balance on a clean white sheet at the window (on a cloudy day).

And here is the translated (google) version of the Polish article:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ze-wrazenia%2F
There is some natural images of the screen.
That is the C65, no front lighting and can not appreciate the fact that we are discussing.

Regards -.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #57
wgabi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Here is my night-shot
thank you

Quote:
That is the C65, no front lighting and can not appreciate the fact that we are discussing.
i don't understand... it says afterglow, and on the second photo you can see the screen with the "afterglow" text displayed.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #58
Anavim
Enthusiast

Yes. Onyx Boox C65HD with front light in this distribution is called the AfterGlow

Hi has:
- high-contrast 6 inch E Ink screen (25% better contrast than Pearl),
- 1GHz Processor and 512MB RAM
- capacitive touch with multitouch
- is thinner and lighter than Kindle PW
- new releases FBReader v.1.6.7, CoolReader v.3.1.1 and OnyxReader
- built-in TTS IVONA
- Android OS with the ability to install software without root
It's fast, has available a new refresh mode called A2 where you can seamlessly seek in the text on the screen. Just like PC supports multiple formats, and if I need some more I'm looking for the appropriate application and Install.
For me it is very useful

The same Onyx Boox C65HD without front lighting is called Storia
Old 12-15-2013, 04:26 AM   #59
fraylocus
Groupie

Another problem encountered with the firmware is unable to update the CoolReader and FBReader to newer versions.
When you begin the installation of the system gives an error. This implies, in part, a partial blockage of the reader Onyx.
At least, that's what the Spanish version we know.

regards
Old 12-16-2013, 03:33 AM   #60
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
All "strangely" quiet on the Booxtor front ! ? …
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote