Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
kyôdai
Zealot
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Kindle 4 NT - Grey is back

Amazon has added an option to choose colors of the Kindle 4 NT.
You can choose between this years black and last years graphite version.

Price is the same though...
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Welcome to the MobileRead forum!

Wow, so now they are selling the inferior, year old Silver model for the same price as the newer and better Black model. That is definitely not cool. Most buyers will probably never know that the Silver models are not nearly as good as the Black or that the Black is a 2012 design whereas as the Silver was designed for 2011. I hope someone who has both models will mention that in a review [cough]Blossom[/cough].
Old 10-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I read on another board that the graphite is the same reader as the black. It was offered because some people are annoyed by the fingerprints on the black.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
I read on another board that the graphite is the same reader as the black. It was offered because some people are annoyed by the fingerprints on the black.
Perhaps. Or that could just be speculation. Or possibly even more creative marketing by Amazon. That is, marketing BS. No way to tell until some brave soul orders one and does a side by side comparison with their 2011 Silver model.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Perhaps. Or that could just be speculation. Or possibly even more creative marketing by Amazon. That is, marketing BS. No way to tell until some brave soul orders one and does a side by side comparison with their 2011 Silver model.
Not me I have enough problems with the PW.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2 View Post
Not me I have enough problems with the PW.
I hear you! I doubt any regulars to this forum who have kept up with the discussions on the K4 S and B models will be ordering a Graphite (Silver) K4 anytime soon either!

EDIT: If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, f@rts like a duck; then it probably is a duck!

Last edited by jswinden; 10-25-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

EDIT: If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, f@rts like a duck; then it probably is a duck!
LOL agreed. It must be last year's model and they are trying to get rid of the remainder of stock. A shame for unsuspecting people who are not aware of the differences between last years and this years model.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
Stay away from the silver unless there is some way to prove it's the black in a silver coat. I have both, I've posted pictures in Blossom's thread, and I can tell you the difference is significant, with the new black a clear winner.
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Welcome to the MobileRead forum!

Wow, so now they are selling the inferior, year old Silver model for the same price as the newer and better Black model. That is definitely not cool. Most buyers will probably never know that the Silver models are not nearly as good as the Black or that the Black is a 2012 design whereas as the Silver was designed for 2011. I hope someone who has both models will mention that in a review [cough]Blossom[/cough].
I'm not brave enough to handle those Amazonites over there. If I was to post that I would have a battle on my hands. They can get quite vicious. Just look here how many people it took for us to convince in the threads here. Luckily several others who had the same experience I did came forward to prove that the Black is the better of the two.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyd View Post
Stay away from the silver unless there is some way to prove it's the black in a silver coat. I have both, I've posted pictures in Blossom's thread, and I can tell you the difference is significant, with the new black a clear winner.
Yes so much I gave hubby the Silver and took my K3 back. I really tried to use the Silver but after reading on the K4B I can't go back to that poor of screen. My K3 comes close to the K4B so I don't have a problem switching back and forth.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
What finger prints? I had that problem on the silver but not on the black.

They are not the same. The black has a much improved contrast and lighter background than the silver version who has QC issues.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I heart my K4S
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I'm a long time computer tech and every time you say NT, that means New Technology to me as in an older software package called Windows NT (the NT stood for new technology). So when I see someone write Kindle NT, I think an item that is part kindle and part operating system, a little odd.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
oldbook
Enthusiast
oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes so much I gave hubby the Silver and took my K3 back. I really tried to use the Silver but after reading on the K4B I can't go back to that poor of screen. My K3 comes close to the K4B so I don't have a problem switching back and forth.
The newer K4S and K5B screens to be the same.
oldbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
LOL agreed. It must be last year's model and they are trying to get rid of the remainder of stock. A shame for unsuspecting people who are not aware of the differences between last years and this years model.
I was told this about getting rid of the stock by two salesmen (really HS kids) at two different BB. They both said they will not get new stock as long as they have not sold out of the silver prior model.

I do not plan to buy the black one, I stopped at BB just to satisfy my curiosity and I had my K4s with me to compare.

Do you think it is Amazon or BB enforcing this sell-out?
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote