Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Help! What is going on????

When I first got my Nook, I downloaded several books from my library thru ADE with no problems.

Today I went to download some new ones (several went back) and my screen kept freezing saying it was "verifying document". The first time I went and did a couple things around the house and came back about 10 later and it was still there! I can't get it to work.

Anyone have a solution? This is driving me nuts. All I can think is maybe the Nook is freezing up because it now has many more files in it?

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Did you already download your library books via ADE to your computer and you are having problem transferring the books from your PC to the nook?
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
I go to checkout at the "library" and click download. It opens the ADE box. The book shows up and when I try to click and drag it wont let me. Then a box shows up saying "verifying document". The box has an open ---------- type area that looks like it should show it filling. But nothing happens.

The only way I have been able to get a book onto my nook so far this morning was to go directly to downloads, right click and put file into nook. But the stupid ADE window still shows verifying document then cancels it and then shows the book as "missing". Then it adds it to the list again and I can finally click and drag! WAY TOO MUCH WORK!!

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
It seems you haven't successfully downloaded the book from the library to your PC since it still shows "missing". One of the theories is the server might be too busy. Try download the book from the library again during non peak hours. Good luck.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
LynnO
LynnO is on a distinguished road

Device: nook, color nook, droid 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
I go to checkout at the "library" and click download. It opens the ADE box. The book shows up and when I try to click and drag it wont let me. Then a box shows up saying "verifying document". The box has an open ---------- type area that looks like it should show it filling. But nothing happens.

The only way I have been able to get a book onto my nook so far this morning was to go directly to downloads, right click and put file into nook. But the stupid ADE window still shows verifying document then cancels it and then shows the book as "missing". Then it adds it to the list again and I can finally click and drag! WAY TOO MUCH WORK!!

Marie
Yeah, only adobe. I have problems now and then. Sometimes simply closing ade and then reopening it works. I also try to have the Overdrive web site open at the same time I'm transfering library books- not sure that makes a difference at all.

I'm not at all impressed with ADE. Mine doesn't even tell me it's doing anything when it goes into nana land.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert