Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
"Sort By Author" not sorting correctly within author's collection

I've noticed, that when in Sort By Author, the Kindle doesn't sort correctly all the titles under the same author.

For instance, if I have:

Dumas 1: Title
Dumas 2: Title
Dumas 3: Title

the Kindle might show it as:

Dumas 2: Title
Dumas 1: Title
Dumas 3: Title

I believe immediately after resorting it works, but after a while, if left to Sort By Author, it screws up the order.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I have the same problem, however I generally sort by title. I use Calibre and set the titles manually so that book series are stored together.

Also if you the books you are wanting sorted by author aren't in the proper order you can have the kindle device refresh your book list by changing what document types are shown, (switch between Books and/or All My Items) after changing you should notice that your books are now resorted alphabetically.

===== *update* =====
Whoops, I guess that's probably what you ment about resorting.

Last edited by demoric; 08-05-2009 at 07:55 PM.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert