Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Problems Getting my Vox Downloaded Books Into the 'Cloud'!

Okay...I just can't seem to figure out how to do this. Maybe we're not supposed to?

I purchased several books directly on my Vox through the mobile Kobo store. So...they are ONLY on my Vox and in my Kobo purchase history/library - but I cannot download them (there is no download button when I look at my library in my kobobooks account). And there is a 'Read this on: Vox' icon/message only at the bottom of the book.

When downloaded the Kobo app to my hubby's iPad, it downloaded a bunch of books to his iPad - but this excluded all the content exclusive to my Vox (including the three books that I got for free with the Vox).

So - the question remains, CAN I get my Vox-only books to the cloud, so I can then download them to my other devices? Or is there a reason they are just staying on the Vox?

Last edited by pokee; 11-05-2011 at 09:40 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Probably you can't get the free books that came with the Vox--like when the older Kobo models came with 100 free books. I have no idea how the other book should be handled or if a 2nd Vox could get it, but not the iOS App (and/or if that is going to change). I think that is a good ask-Kobo question.

I understand that the iOS Kobo apps are currently not syncing with other Kobo devices (like Touch) so it could be a sync issue. There is a thread related to this in the main Kobo forum

Last edited by taming; 11-05-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: more info
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Okay...I'll ask them - thanks Taming. I think the answer is that they are not compatible with other devices, but I'll find out. In the meantime, if anyone else has any idea, please post...thanks!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I am pretty sure that Kobo will want to be able to sell "enhanced" eBooks to people with other devices. How that will happen is anyone's guess, but this may be a very temporary issue. The new version of Adobe would let this happen, once it is in use.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Actually I can see my new books added to the Vox on my Kobo app on my iTouch. I pulled down to update the library, (which took quite a while as I don't read in this app and had many books to update). Then I got out of my library on the iTouch by tapping on the Kobo app home button, and when I went back into the library, presto! The 2 books I had bought on the Vox were there as well as there as well as the Vox users guide.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-05-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
And after further verification, I don't see the 3 free books that were preloaded on the Vox...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #7
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
The preloaded books are designated as Vox only, so your Touch won't see them. Most of the regular kePub files should update fine, though.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote