Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #31
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJ View Post
Not yet, Naeleah. A guy over on Whirlpool has got his after 19 days and it has Deutsche postal markings on it.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...7342&p=38#r747
Maybe they sent it to Austria instead of Australia?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #32
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Same here. Mine was shipped via Frankfurt/Germany.

Shipped on the 13/6, arrived on 6/7.
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #33
Naeleah
Naeleah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch Lilac
Is the Kobo manufactured there? Maybe they are shipping straight from the manufacturer, not Borders itself.....?
Kind of has me worried

Last edited by Naeleah; 07-07-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Naeleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #34
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafrizz View Post
Same here. Mine was shipped via Frankfurt/Germany.

Shipped on the 13/6, arrived on 6/7.
That's just weird - mine came to me in New Zealand direct from Indianapolis, via "DHL Priority Mail" to NZ then by post. No wonder it arrived before yours - almost a full week before (30/6) but shipped on the same date.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #35
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Is it possible they were rerouted due to the flight interruptions related to the Chile eruption?
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 AM   #36
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJ View Post
Is it possible they were rerouted due to the flight interruptions related to the Chile eruption?
Anything is possible but wouldn't it have been better to wait at the departure point in the US rather than send them to Europe? I can't imagine what they thought that would accomplish?

Quite frankly my money is on the Austria/Australia thing. I spent a year in the US as an exchange student and spent an incredible amount of time trying to convince people that I WASN'T from Austria and I didn't speak German.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #37
Willy88
Willy88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Firstly i am new here hello all. I have a question I just received an email from borders.com cancelling my order saying that the kobo touch was unavailable. Not sure if that means I live here or that there are none. I see people still ordering wouldn't they just put it on backorder
Willy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #38
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Willy welcome to MobileRead.
Can you give us some more details about your situation? When did you order your Kobo? How long after that did you get the email cancelling the order? Was your credit card billed at all?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #39
Willy88
Willy88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
I ordered yesterday and got an email this morning telling me it's was cancelled. Yes they billed and then said they refunded me. I haven't been able to check credit card account to see if this is the case. I really would like one so I check out indigo Canada they are $10 dearer. Not sure whether to wait or not. What should I do??
Willy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:16 PM   #40
Manno03
Manno03 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch ( if I could order one)
Hi guys, I have had the same experience as Willy88. I have tried to place two orders for a kobo touch ( actually 4: one for every family member) with borders.com, and had both of them cancelled. They have not charged my cc. I also tried to order from chapters indigo, but when I got to the shipping part of the order, I got a message saying that "US and International Shipping Restrictions - eReading devices are not eligible for shipping to a US or international address. Please choose or enter a Canadian address for your order".

I am doing something wrong!!!!!

I trying to ship it the Canberra Region.

Any advice????
Manno03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:38 AM   #41
HarleyB
Fanatic

Oh that's not good...
I hope they haven't decided to change the rules. The message from Chapters seems quite explicit but I suppose you could try contacting Borders customer service to see if you can get an explanation.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #42
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
They're made in China(Touch). Wifi was made in Taiwan. Says right on the side of the unit where it has the serial #, FCC, etc. IDs, etc.

Borders: That's yet another nail in their coffin. Their website is next to useless. e.g. last week when I went to get my Touch, it said that my local store was out of stock, however I had just been in there a few days before to look at the demo unit and they claimed that they had stock. So, I decided just to drive over anyways and 'lo they had plenty of stock... At least the guy demoing the unit when I bought actually knew something about the Touch, unlike when I was there a few days before. That one was worse than the drone that I dealt with when looking at the Nook Color back in late December...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #43
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ok, just wished to add that I ordered two Kobo Touch from Borders.com to be delivered to Sydney AU. The Shipping day was 27/6 (US) and it is yet to arrive. Was hopeful that people were recieving them sooner rather than later, but seems on average I still have probably a week to wait. I really wish Borders had offered another international shipping option, would have paid more for express delivery.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #44
Naeleah
Naeleah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch Lilac
TedJ, haven't seen you on here in a bit, which is probably caused by one of two things.

1) You're heaps busy and just haven't been on the computer

oooorrrrr

2) You finally got your Kobo and its just that great that you don't have time for anything else

I am really really hoping its the latter lol.

Have you got yours yet? I am still waiting, and its now become annoying. Its been 17 days since mine was shipped. That's what, about 24 days since yours was?

Hopefully they aren't too far away.
Naeleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #45
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
I still haven't received a reply from either Kobo or Borders US about whether we can actually buy Kobos in Australia. Having signed up an account with Borders USA I am now getting a lot of unwanted advertising material sent to my email address....
As I have said before - why ignore a market of over 22 million people and less than 5% unemployment? I am sure some enterprising Asian business is reading this now and going hmmm - a market going to waste. I buy a few things direct from Chinese suppliers on EBAy and their service and customer communication is much better than either Kobo or Borders. But most US firms do have good service so I find it hard to understand the book market's attitude.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, kobo touch