Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
PapaJohn
Enthusiast
PapaJohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Help needed with Kindle DX & Calibre

I am new to all of this so be patient with me. I have 2 problems I am trying to figure out.
1st problem is a display/sorting order on the Kindle DX. Some of my books are in a series and after much reading in the forums and trial & error have managed to figure out how to add series info to the titles. The template I am using in Calibre is:
{author_sort}/{series:||}{series_index:0>2s|[|]- }{title} - {authors}
This works great except when I view the titles on the Kindle by author sort (which I prefer) the series indexes are out of order. Is there a way around this? Do I need to add something to the template?

2nd problem I have added a custom column for Read Status as posted by pchrist7. When I do a Fetch Annotations from my Kindle nothing gets updated in the Read Status column. For some of the books there is some staus info shown at the bottom of the summary pane in Calibre. Some books I have finished reading show no status and some show 99% instead of finished.
I would appreciate any help before all my hair is gone.
PapaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:19 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
These are device problems, thus moved to device subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert