Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
What does the home screen look like without Special Offer?

With Special Offer, there is an advertisement at the bottom of the screen taking about 1/8 of the screen real estate. If your Kindle doesn't have a Special Offer, what will you see instead?

EDIT: Will the cover thumbnail become bigger now that you have a free space previously used for the advertisement?

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 01-15-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
I usually have the home screen of my non-Special Offers Kindle in list view, but I turned on cover view to see what it looks like. With the Recommended Content" switch ON, I see three of my covers above and four covers of Amazon recommended titles below. With the switch OFF, I see six of my covers, three above and three below. I don't know the size of the covers in the SO Kindles, so I can't answer your last question.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
With Special Offer, there is an advertisement at the bottom of the screen taking about 1/8 of the screen real estate. If your Kindle doesn't have a Special Offer, what will you see instead?

EDIT: Will the cover thumbnail become bigger now that you have a free space previously used for the advertisement?
Yes the covers are simply bigger. If in list view instead of 7 items, you will see 8 items. That is for PW, not sure how the Touch w/o SO looks like - mine has SO.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote