Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
THE GIRL WHO RAN WITH HORSES by David Michael (YA Contemporary Fantasy)

Welcome Home, Stevie!

It's summer vacation and all 13-year-old Stevie Buckbee wants is to be close to her family again and to ride her horses--especially her first horse all her own, Jack Rabbit. But past tragedies threaten her plans before the summer even begins. Even as she discovers that she is somehow able to communicate with Jack Rabbit and the other horses on the family ranch, she finds she can no longer get through to her Dad and brother Blake. And what good is it to be able to run with the horses if no matter how fast and how far she runs, everything she knows and loves is lost?

Click here to read a FREE Preview of The Girl Who Ran With Horses!

The Girl Who Ran With Horses

Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Fantasy

Available in trade paperback and ebook formats!

Reviews of The Girl Who Ran With Horses

"I really enjoyed this. I was able to sympathize and understand the heroine even when I felt she was in the wrong and I was moved by the situations." - 5 Stars - Tara Chevrestt at Book Babe

"a heartwarming book, with just a bit of the paranormal thrown in ... a fun and unique story for the young adult reader" - Leslie Wright at BlogCritics

About the Author: Most days, David Michael is a software developer and a writer. Some days, he’s a writer and a software developer. Still other days, he’s an amateur photographer. Because, really, who is the same person every day?

About the Cover: Cover painting Communion and cover layout by Don Michael, Jr.

Last edited by DavidRM; 01-28-2011 at 02:32 PM.
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Unfortunate initials.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Unfortunate initials.
You lost me?

Unless you're referring to "DRM". In which case, yeah. I have the most hated initials in the early 21st century.

Fortunately, none of my books have DRM. Except my name...

-David
Old 11-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRM View Post
Unless you're referring to "DRM".
Bingo!
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
DavidRM
Addict

THE GIRL WHO RAN WITH HORSES Gets 5 Stars from Book Babe!

Tara Chevrestt at Book Babe gives The Girl Who Ran With Horses 5/5 Stars!

I'm very impressed with the way a male author has written so well about a thirteen year old girl. Good job, Mr. Michael! I also like the different topics he manages to tackle in this story. Alcoholism, grief, abandonment, teen love, and forgiveness...

I really enjoyed this. I was able to sympathize and understand the heroine even when I felt she was in the wrong and I was moved by the situations.

Read the whole review here...

-David
Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
DavidRM
Addict

A Stevie Story

NOTE: This is the first story I wrote about Stevie Buckbee. The story occurs during her exile in Tulsa. It might even qualify as the first time Stevie ran with horses. In the novel, Cocoa was renamed Rain and became an appaloosa.

Running Free
by David Michael

"Alright, everyone," the soccer coach yelled, "line up in the front of the goal."

Stevie Buckbee stopped the ball she had been dribbling, and kicked it to the side lines. Then she jogged over to join the other twelve-year-old girls in front of the goal.

Some of the girls on the team were slower about forming up, so Stevie found herself looking across the practice pitch towards the other goal, waiting with unusual intensity and anticipation for the coach to give them the inevitable order to run sprints. She felt her arms and legs tremble, her nostrils flare and breath in the spring air. She resisted the urge to shake her head and blow.

She laughed when she thought how much she was acting like one of her horses...

Read the rest of the story on my blog, Guns & Magic...

-David
Old 12-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
DavidRM
Addict

Win a FREE Signed Copy of The Girl Who Ran With Horses!

Enter through Friday, December 24, to win a FREE copy of The Girl Who Ran With Horses!

1 FREE signed copy of The Girl Who Ran With Horses in trade paperback will be given away.

It's summer vacation and all 13-year-old Stevie Buckbee wants is to be close to her family again and to ride her horses--especially Jack Rabbit, her first horse all her own. But past tragedies threaten her plans before the summer has a chance to begin. Even as she discovers that she is somehow able to communicate with Jack Rabbit and the other horses on the family ranch, she finds she can no longer get through to her Dad and brother Blake. And what good is it to be able to run with the horses if no matter how fast and how far she runs, everything she knows and loves is lost?

Click Here to Enter

-David
Old 12-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
DavidRM
Addict

Click here to read a FREE Preview of The Girl Who Ran With Horses!

-David
Old 01-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
DavidRM
Addict

A Stevie Story

NOTE: This is the second story I wrote about Stevie Buckbee. You can read the first story here. In this story, the family names and horse names are all settled, as is most of the backstory. So this story is almost canon. :-)

Stevie Gets Back in the Saddle
by David Michael

"Yes," Stevie Buckbee said, again, "I'm ready. I have to do this. Today."

"Do you want me to hold him?" Dad asked.

"No," Stevie said. "This is between him and me."

Thirteen year old Stevie couldn't quite lift the saddle over Jack Rabbit's back, so Dad had saddled the horse, then led him into the corral. There Dad had dropped the reins and said for the umpteenth time that morning, "Are you ready? You don't have to do this yet. You have all day."

But she did have to do it, ready or not. The fingers of her right hand brushed across the scar on her lip, a nervous habit she had developed the last couple weeks...

Read the rest of the story here...

Enjoy!

-David
Old 01-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #10
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
A well-written, touching read! I really enjoyed this tale-- review here
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:00 AM   #11
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
A well-written, touching read! I really enjoyed this tale-- review here
Great review Grace.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
DavidRM
Addict

Thank you for the great review, Grace!

-David
Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Great review Grace.

Regards
Caleb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRM View Post
Thank you for the great review, Grace!

-David
Thanks, Caleb, and my pleasure, David (I just tell it like it is... according to me, that is!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #14
DavidRM
Addict

THE GIRL WHO RAN WITH HORSES Gets 5 Stars from WV Stitcher

Brenda Casto at WV Stitcher gives The Girl Who Ran With Horses 5 Stars!

The author's writing drew me to Stevie immediately, and made it easy to connect with her. I could also see where her family was coming from, they are all suffering, and each one is handling it the best way they can...

A heartwarming story that horse lovers of all ages will enjoy reading. A story that is easy to connect with because the author deals with problems that are easy for alot of people to relate to. The characters are also down to earth and easy to connect with, making you hope that all will work out for them.

Click here to read the whole review...

-David
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #15
DavidRM
Addict

Enter through Monday, March 7, 2011, to win a FREE copy of The Girl Who Ran With Horses!

1 FREE signed copy of The Girl Who Ran With Horses in trade paperback will be given away.

It's summer vacation and all 13-year-old Stevie Buckbee wants is to be close to her family again and to ride her horses--especially Jack Rabbit, her first horse all her own. But past tragedies threaten her plans before the summer has a chance to begin. Even as she discovers that she is somehow able to communicate with Jack Rabbit and the other horses on the family ranch, she finds she can no longer get through to her Dad and brother Blake. And what good is it to be able to run with the horses if no matter how fast and how far she runs, everything she knows and loves is lost?

Click Here to Enter

-David